First 12202122232432 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I read that issue of Knightfall last week in the bookstore (where Bats has his back broken). I had trouble even getting through it, it was a STUPID issue... neither the writer or the artist had any sense of how to tell a story so that it was emotionally engaging. I tried to skim through the rest of the issues in the book format and just found it really bad.

in that sense, I think the movie was better than the comic, at least for that particular scene.
    It is only a comic book, isn't it?

But even in that, they just don't make them like they used to.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I disagree. Fables is damned good, and there's others out there nowadays.

Not sure about Batman, though.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I disagree. Fables is damned good, and there's others out there nowadays.

Not sure about Batman, though.
    I wouldn't know, I don't go near the damn things anymore. Not in at least 35 years. But what I've seen online didn't look very promising.

I suppose I should
    this:

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    The fighting was clunky. The movie was dark, intense. And in my view, it should never have been made. At least they spared us the gruesome back-breaking scene depicted in the comic. It wasn't as gruesome as that, but it was there. And there have been more disgusting movies than this by far. But at least those had low box-office takes.
    My biggest issue was the film was that it really had nothing to do with Batman or anything really related to what I'd typically associate with a typical Batman adventure. Basically, the film just felt too..big? Like the cranked up the action sequences and the severity of the threat of the films' predecessor up times one-thousand, to the point to where it just felt silly and completely over Batman's head. Also, there was very little interconnectivity between the characters throughout most of the film, as if they tried to incorporate and compress so many different elements and avenues into a limited allotted time.

It's really hard for me to give specific examples without spoilers.
    "I'm just here so I won't get fined."

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    My biggest issue was the film was that it really had nothing to do with Batman or anything really related to what I'd typically associate with a typical Batman adventure. Basically, the film just felt too..big? Like the cranked up the action sequences and the severity of the threat of the films' predecessor up times one-thousand, to the point to where it just felt silly and completely over Batman's head. Also, there was very little interconnectivity between the characters throughout most of the film, as if they tried to incorporate and compress so many different elements and avenues into a limited allotted time.

I really couldn't get into it enough to make that kind of deep analysis.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I think this entire thread is already full of spoilers, and not even using the SPOILER tag.

However, if you wish to post some with the tag, it's [ SPOILER ] spoiler here [ /SPOILER ] without the spaces.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Not really. not in the issue I saw.I've seen far far more graphic, as I've said, in many other comics. Unless you're an 8 year old kid, I guess.

Besides if it had been far more graphic in the movie, then it would have been even less believable when everything is fixed through what amounts to a chiropractic move.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Yes. This was my major problem with it as well.
    This one dismissed many of the elements and themes which made the previous films subversive.
    Also, the character of Bane and the "Knightfall" storyline are both cheap gimmicks.

It became another "popcorn flick", with a finale that tried to out-do Transformers 3.
    I still enjoyed it for what it was, but it should have been much, much more.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Not really. not in the issue I saw.I've seen far far more graphic, as I've said, in many other comics. Unless you're an 8 year old kid, I guess.

Besides if it had been far more graphic in the movie, then it would have been even less believable when everything is fixed through what amounts to a chiropractic move.
    Yes, it was a rather sloppy WWE kind of move. Not at all like this scene.

Maybe I am an 8 year old kid? Not really. If I was I'd still be reading this shit.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I think this entire thread is already full of spoilers, and not even using the SPOILER tag.

However, if you wish to post some with the tag, it's [ SPOILER ] spoiler here [ /SPOILER ] without the spaces.
    I guess anybody who clicks on this thread should expect loads of spoilers.