MBTI
    ISTP

^See it in IMAX! So you can be hip!
    Like me.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Saw it, enjoyed it. It's a wrap up movie, I liked the first two better. The intro scene with the plane hi-jack seemed overly complicated. There has to be an easier way.

MBTI
    INTP

I was bored through most of this one, and I really liked the last one. This one was too talky and too long. Bane sounded like someone doing an over-the-top Sean Connery impression, and wasn't engaging enough as a villain. I just didn't care about him one way or another, and kind of wanted him to shut up. Anne Hathaway did a fine job, but I don't think she's a natural for this type of role. I did like this take on Catwoman, though. Haaaaaaated Marion Cotillard's character and portrayal. I was just underwhelmed by the whole thing, and kept checking my watch the last 45 minutes or so.
    Something Witty

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Haaaaaaated Marion Cotillard's character and portrayal.
    Yeah, I didn't care for the character, didn't trust her (or maybe that was leftover from Inception). Had no idea why she was there, other than to resolve certain plot holes and perhaps be romantic competition for Catwoman. Kind of a waste.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Yeah, I didn't care for the character, didn't trust her (or maybe that was leftover from Inception). Had no idea why she was there, other than to resolve certain plot holes and perhaps be romantic competition for Catwoman. Kind of a waste.
    Well, that is because the entire movie was an inception, starting from when he caught the catwoman robbing his safe...

He was motivated to come out of his life of self-imposed isolation, work through his fears of not being good enough at Batman, to the end of the story where everything was resolved for him and he no longer felt responsibile for the world, thus permitting him to move forward in hope and embrace the happiness he had always been denying himself out of the sense of loss of his parents.

Mal was the spoiler, but he managed to move beyond it.

Whether or not the end is real of course depends on whether you prefer Brazil's "Love Conquers All" ending or the darker, truer one.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I liked the first two better.
    I thought the dark knioght rises was the second movie. Trying to find the one I missed on IMDB but not successful. Can someone explain?

Ah, wait, the first one is named Batman Begins. Not the Dark Knight something. I haven't actually seen that one. >.>
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I thought the dark knioght rises was the second movie. Trying to find the one I missed on IMDB but not successful. Can someone explain?

Ah, wait, the first one is named Batman Begins. Not the Dark Knight something. I haven't actually seen that one. >.>
    Yeah, I did not like the titling. The second and third movies have names that are too similar, and not all like the first. It makes my editor pen want to come out!

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

They should've introduced Mal in the second movie.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I'm honored!
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Totally agree.

Instead, we just got the "super-improved Mal+" on this forum.
    ...But he probably doesn't have nearly as nice legs.

I assume they didn't pull Mal into the second movie because Nolan never even thought of the idea for this one until after he had done work on Inception.

And they might have titled the first movie differently as well, but they got the ideas of how to hook the movies together after the movie was finished.