9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

TDK was the best, Begins was the worst.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    Yeah, the score was totally bombastic. Sound mixing was among the worst I've ever heard. Half the time, I couldn't hear a word of dialogue because the damn music was so loud.

Anyway, my trilogy formula is correct; The Dark Knight Rises would be in the middle, while Batman Begins was best and The Dark Knight was the worst. I swear, that people thought The Dark Knight was the best movie ever makes me want to gun down a movie theater.

TDKR had several tedious moments,
    but it wasn't enough to ruin the movie. I also thought
    Nolan has been developing a habit of letting his films fall apart in the third act (both literally and figuratively in the case of Inception). However, I loved the epilogue. It was done masterfully, and actually boosted the entire film's quality several points, as did the destruction of the Squealers stadium...but you guys already know that I loved that sequence. Too bad it wasn't as real as the movie theater incident.

Overall, though, Batman Begins was the best.

The most disappointing part of my moviegoing experience was the Man of Steel trailer. Um, what exactly was wrong with Superman Returns? Why'd they have to reboot the franchise...again? (Though, of course, Superman Returns followed the same timeline as the first two films.) I was also hoping for a trailer for Pacific Rim.
    Pacific Rim is gonna be badass. The "Man of Steel" trailer was underwhelming. It was shot in the same vein as the Batman Begins teaser. Lame-sauce.

Overall, I was disappointed with The Dark Knight Rises.
    The Dark Knight was a 9/11 story, so it only makes sense in terms of progression, Rises would be a post 9/11 story.

It wasn't.

It failed to engage me on an intellectual level.
    Instead, I got three hours of a crippled Bruce Wayne brooding around in his mansion.
    And many of the themes and high level concepts in The Dark Knight were completely dropped.

Overall, this series is about fear and as I feared...Nolan took the easy way out every step of the way.
    And that branching arc is even more germane with the events of the Colorado Massacre.

I'll get into the finer details once the movie has been out a few more days.

Ginkgo

(Just got back from watching it).

But anyway, Anne Hathaway in the catsuit.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Saw it last night...

A very good movie overall, I enjoyed it immensely

"The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

What's reallly funny to me is that, despite all of my years within Christianity, I never once thought of Batman being equated to Jesus during the movie. I've seen an occasional reviewer make that analogy too, but to me I guess one could compare anything to Jesus. I saw more analogy of it in The Matrix, far more of it (and overtly), than here. I guess if one generalizes the Jesus story and the movie narrative enough, any connection can be made... which to me is one reason why Christianity has endured so long -- the very basic story of Jesus can be layered into most life narratives in some way.

@tinker683:
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    What's reallly funny to me is that, despite all of my years within Christianity, I never once thought of Batman being equated to Jesus during the movie. I've seen an occasional reviewer make that analogy too, but to me I guess one could compare anything to Jesus. I saw more analogy of it in The Matrix, far more of it (and overtly), than here. I guess if one generalizes the Jesus story and the movie narrative enough, any connection can be made... which to me is one reason why Christianity has endured so long -- the very basic story of Jesus can be layered into most life narratives in some way.
    It's an archetype that has been around long before the Christ "myth."
    And it is what proves that Nolan doesn't understand the character.

Batman is Sisyphus. Condemned to a barren wasteland, tasked with a futile task for all eternity.
    This is probably why Batman has endured so long as a serial.

There is no "salvation" for Bruce Wayne. He is a runaway train on a collision course with the side of a mountain.
    Giving him a "happy" ending betrays the nature of the story entirely.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Going to watch this. Taking the .40 subcompact.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Duck_of_Death View Post
    It's an archetype that has been around long before the Christ "myth."
    And it is what proves that Nolan doesn't understand the character.

Batman is Sisyphus. Condemned to a barren wasteland, tasked with a futile task for all eternity.
    This is probably why Batman has endured so long as a serial.
    Thanks for making that connection. Yup, really, far more Sisyphus than Christ. He can't walk away, he's chained to his fate and seemingly futilely so sometimes.

There is no "salvation" for Bruce Wayne. He is a runaway train on a collision course with the side of a mountain.
    Giving him a "happy" ending betrays the nature of the story entirely.

This is one of those movies where I came out not having any particular gripe except feeling not much at all during the whole thing, but afterwards a bunch of questions start cropping up that leave me less happy with everything. This morning I'm feeling like the first movie was a step up in terms of quality and tightness and consistency of character.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

I am processing the movie this morning, and I liked it, overall for what it was.
    But it could have been more. It should have been more.

There were ALOT of good ideas and concepts within, but they were not explored.
    For instance:

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

@Duck_of_Death:
    (In regard to the spoilers.