• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Great Gatsby

gromit

likes this
This looks like it could be fun. I know they aren't for everyone, but I always seem to enjoy Baz Luhrmann films.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2APUer6nCkY"].[/YOUTUBE]

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I love F. Scott Fitzgerald, so I will see this, I wish the music was more authentic though it's more than a little irritating to me that the music doesn't match the period at all.

But it's in 3-D, too, and I like 3-D.

Ingrid in grids

I love F. Scott Fitzgerald, so I will see this, I wish the music was more authentic though it's more than a little irritating to me that the music doesn't match the period at all.

Baz Luhrmann does that with virtually all his films, e.g. Moulin Rouge and Romeo + Juliet. Though somehow when it's Shakespeare you're allowed more creative license. I find his films almost as intricate and exciting as the literature he sometimes chooses to base them on... I know I felt that way with R+J and sure I will feel similarly about Gatsby. Just hoping it won't be another "Australia", but judging by the trailer and the book itself, it's very much in line with his style. Gatsby has a bit of a Luhrmann flair to start with :laugh:.

gromit

likes this

Oh I had thought the non-period music was kind of a fun surprise when I first saw the trailer.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Looks about as silly as Moulin Rouge, though seems more tolerable to watch like Australia, which was merely boring, but not embarrassing to sit through. And that's a lovely matte painting of 1920's NYC.

And that trailer is over a month old. I appreciate you not calling it a new trailer.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Baz Luhrmann does that with virtually all his films, e.g. Moulin Rouge and Romeo + Juliet. Though somehow when it's Shakespeare you're allowed more creative license. I find his films almost as intricate and exciting as the literature he sometimes chooses to base them on... I know I felt that way with R+J and sure I will feel similarly about Gatsby. Just hoping it won't be another "Australia", but judging by the trailer and the book itself, it's very much in line with his style. Gatsby has a bit of a Luhrmann flair to start with :laugh:.

I love Moulin Rouge, didn't care for Romeo + Juliet. So we shall see! :)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh I had thought the non-period music was kind of a fun surprise when I first saw the trailer.

I feel that way about Sophia Coppola's Marie Antoinette (which I love) but I'm kind of funny about my 1920's/1930's literature. It's just something I've taken such a personal interest in that I like for pieces from that time to be authentic.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm looking forward to this. It was one of the few books that I enjoyed after being compelled to read it.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Not a fan of the trailer music, but their choice for Daisy looks very promising. And, of course, DiCaprio is always a DELIGHT.

In the least, I'll try and catch it to see the ostentatious and showy parties Gatsby hosted. And I'm curious to see what they do with the Valley of Ashes.

viryan23

MBTI Type
INTP
Fitzgerald is one of my faves!
I might not be what I had mind mind while reading the book, but Baz Luhrmann always makes things so grand.
I will definitely watch out for this.

And besides, who could ever resist 1920s New York City?