User Tag List

First 123 Last

It wasn't just hippies. Johnny Cash was a big fan of his, for example.

MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    Bob Dylan gets props with certain groups though... Hippie/hipsters seem to dig him. I can understand how most popular music just blows.
    Regarding Bob Dylan, I don't especially like his music. Some songs I really love, but for the most part I don't really find myself compelled to listen to him. He is a terrific song writer and I appreciate that. I respect him for what he's done musically, even if it's not really my thing. Historically, his fame makes sense as well.

Popular music these days... I just feel like my generation has hit the all-time low, quality-wise. I think it was mid-2000s that I pretty much stopped liking 99% of radio hits.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    I just feel like my generation has hit the all-time low, quality-wise. I think it was mid-2000s that I pretty much stopped liking 99% of radio hits.
    This is true.

WALMART

This thread can be boiled down to any of the 10,000 musical acts ever performed, why does anyone like anything? Why does no one like everything and everyone like something?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Pretty much most popular music.
    Yes. I do like some of the bluegrass country that is heavy on harmonies. Early Dixie Chicks, Alison Krauss. I studied music in college. It's painful to compare the complexities of Bach, the melodies of Vivaldi and the songs of Mozart to standing under an "umbrella ella ella eh eh eh"... I really can't deal with rap/hip hop. The ability to swear, degrade women to a beat, and add "izzle" to the end of your words does nothing for my opinion of you.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Musicallogic View Post
    Yes. I do like some of the bluegrass country that is heavy on harmonies. Early Dixie Chicks, Alison Krauss. I studied music in college. It's painful to compare the complexities of Bach, the melodies of Vivaldi and the songs of Mozart to standing under an "umbrella ella ella eh eh eh"... I really can't deal with rap/hip hop. The ability to swear, degrade women to a beat, and add "izzle" to the end of your words does nothing for my opinion of you.

Luckily these people aren't counting on being as complex as Bach to produce music the average person can enjoy.

MBTI
    ISTx

There should be a balance. There's the complexity factor of certain music, and then there's the likability of music that's simple enough to stomp your foot to. Find that balance.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

...The answer, my friend, is Blowing in the Wind.

But seriously.
    The man was a genius songwriter.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

if you find an answer, you might as well be an a&r for a living. its taste, timing, and image.

but its ashame, music hasn't been the same since the backstreet boy's fell off.
    Oh, its
    You

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    if you find an answer, you might as well be an a&r for a living. its taste, timing, and image.

but its ashame, music hasn't been the same since the backstreet boy's fell off.
    hehehehe