• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Scary vidya games

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So I just bet the Slender man himself in his own game of Slender. It's pretty good for an indie video game, especially when you get cornered in the evil rape dungeon in the middle of the map. I had some good scares.

Any good games that scare the ____ (out) of/off/in/on/around/amidst/underneath you?

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you're looking for examples, just watch some PewDiePie videos on YouTube. He plays a lot of horror games.

Personally though, not many games can scare me anymore.

When I was younger though, some of the early Resident Evil games scared the hell out of me. But recently they've kind of been a joke...

Last edited:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Scratches and Amnesia I had trouble with.. I admit I didnt ever finish them. :c Id rather someone play while I watch so I can hide my eyes and scream at will. Hah!

I jumped during what I thought was a 'safe' area in Fatal Frame. I was reading the manual on how to adjust the controls and looked up and a ghost was there eating my face! :c !!

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0kBvaTdd3E"]:c[/YOUTUBE]

This scene scared me a LOT when I was a young teenager.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Silent Hill (the first one) used to scare me. Heavy fog, monsters making surprise attacks and then retreating to the fog where you can't see them, blood everywhere, horror movie background song, rusty door sounds that make you shiver before you even find out what's behind the door. :horor:
I didn't finish it, but I blame my noobness.

A

Anew Leaf

Doom and Quake both scared me when I played them all those years ago. I also was incredibly freaked out by Diablo. :blush:

The last game I really played was BioShock.... and it gave me nightmares.

I need to stop playing these kinds of games. :doh:

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you're looking for examples, just watch some PewDiePie videos on YouTube. He plays a lot of horror games.

Yeah he's got a good few...that's how I found which and slender.

Silent Hill (the first one) used to scare me. Heavy fog, monsters making surprise attacks and then retreating to the fog where you can't see them, blood everywhere, horror movie background song, rusty door sounds that make you shiver before you even find out what's behind the door. :horor:

oh god i forgot about that series. Undead coming from the escalator walls and stuff...eh. I'm gonna have to buy them after I start working again.

Has anyone else tried out Slender? it's free and downloadable

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Although it's old, 7th guest fits the bill. One of the best puzzle games ever too. :D

jixmixfix

Permabanned
One of my favorite horror games condemned was freaky as hell, beating people to death with melee weapons instead of killing them with guns was always something special. [YOUTUBE="FCcASyV6X7s"]final boss[/YOUTUBE]

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Some parts of specific games:

* Ever17. It starts off as a simple visual novel, but the feeling that something is not quite right with the situation is pretty overwhelming. The "Traum in der Dunkelheit" track is spooky as hell.

* 999. The creaky metal door, the coffin, the feeling of imminent betrayal in the air, the experiment chamber and, worst of all, the goddamn Submarine Ending. :shocking:

* Those endless stairs from Super Mario 64. Brrrr. And that piano. THAT PIANO.

* Grunty's laugh from Banjo-Kazooie. Lighthearted game, sure, but that's one creepy-ass evil laugh. :shock: The shark was pretty scary too.

Lark

So I just bet the Slender man himself in his own game of Slender. It's pretty good for an indie video game, especially when you get cornered in the evil rape dungeon in the middle of the map. I had some good scares.

Any good games that scare the ____ (out) of/off/in/on/around/amidst/underneath you?

WTF is this? The very idea of a game featuring rape horrifies me to be honest.

Lark

One of my favorite horror games condemned was freaky as hell, beating people to death with melee weapons instead of killing them with guns was always something special. [YOUTUBE="FCcASyV6X7s"]final boss[/YOUTUBE]

Right, so trying to figure this out, this looks like some sort of silent hill clone, what's with this guy who he fights who seems to have all sorts of little machinary on him on his back and mouth and why did he have to yank it from the guy to end him? Also what is up with him at the finish, is that something about psychological trauma or is he possessed or is it just left up to the watcher to decide?

Seems sort of a cool game but I dont like a lot of the bizarro Saw style imagery which has become typical in games now.

Lark

Totally, plus the movie just confirmed a lot of suspiscions I had about the game, its got terrible undertones of discovering bullying, child molestation, finally child sacrifice and the like which I thought was just as disturbing as the monsters.

Lark

Clocktower on the PS2 was dark as all hell, they actually made the scissor twins, descendents of this original character a little more comic and the final baddy a little ridiculous I think to lighten the mood, they had a hammer killer whose crimes were too gross and had something of the peadophile about him and an acid bath killer who is featured spraying acid in the face of his unsuspecting elderly parents. Sick ass shit. I'm never going to forget that game.

Although the original source material is just as bizarre, the original point and click two dimensional game of the movie Phenomenon. That's a great movie, very strange, very disturbing.

G

Ginkgo

Super Mario Bros.

34173.jpg

My ass was sweating.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
WTF is this? The very idea of a game featuring rape horrifies me to be honest.

I think it's a metaphor for a simple bathroom LOL. There's no rape, it's just a very bad place to be in certain instances.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think it's a metaphor for a simple bathroom LOL. There's no rape, it's just a very bad place to be in certain instances.

Yep, what happens is you have to collect 8 notes scattered throughout a forest (at night). After collecting your first, some ambience comes in and slenderman begins stalking you. As you collect more theres a higher risk of being caught, so if you leave the building til later on it's easier to be cornered. cheap thrills I guess, but i havnt really seen a game like that in a while. You can still download slender on mediafire if you'd like.

W

WALMART

[MENTION=15964]minutegovt[/MENTION]

Eternal Darkness is easily my favorite horror game of all time. I was hooked the first time my head fell off and chased me around the room :wubbie:

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Confusing...think I have some lore to read up on. Seems a little like Silent Hill. The guy who thought of the camera angles has a good idea of horror though.

r.a

meat popsicle
MBTI Type
STFU
dead space. i couldn't finish the game. my anxiety was at a peak.

also, the original alien vs predator game for pc. its some scary shit when you're a marine being stalked by those fuckin aliens.