MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    @The Ü
    It's psychologically scary when you realize that she could kill you in the blink of an eye any time she feels like it, but she doesn't - she's toying with you.
    No it isn't.

Why? Because
    To be honest, the more interesting angle is

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    No it isn't.
    Sure it is. Twisted abominations get old after a while when you can just shoot them in the face. Alma is something you can possibly identify with while still realizing this shit isn't normal, and it's out of your control.

I grew up on the original Doom and Quake and thought it was all evil and scary back then but it's really just over the top. After a while it's like "Ohh, it's a 'scary monster'" *BOOM* "sit the fuck down."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Sure it is. Twisted abominations get old after a while when you can just shoot them in the face. Alma is something you can possibly identify with while still realizing this shit isn't normal, and it's out of your control.

I grew up on the original Doom and Quake and thought it was all evil and scary back then but it's really just over the top. After a while it's like "Ohh, it's a 'scary monster'" *BOOM* "sit the fuck down."
    The monsters themselves aren't scary, the idea that they might pop out at you at any moment is what creates, dare I say it, psychological tension.

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

I think anything can be psychologically scary if you keep questioning it. They all look pretty good to me so far.

I would take a look at Which though.
    Myers-Briggs: xsFP

Enneagram: 9?-4wX?-5/6

~ People don't think it be like it is, but it do. ~

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    The monsters themselves aren't scary, the idea that they might pop out at you at any moment is what creates, dare I say it, psychological tension.
    Except they don't once you're genre savvy. They pop out exactly when they are supposed to and the game often telegraphs it for you by its design, even by the pickups you're getting beforehand.

This is why I like L4D. Stuff actually CAN pop out at any moment because the game has an AI called The Director which learns by how you play and will change stuff up. It randomizes the monster placement and the pickups that you can get.

When I was little, it was Resident Evil. Always freaking hated Nemesis. Scared the hell out of me when you first arrive at the police station and the monochrome colors popped up with a text telling you to run in the station or fight him. I mean, I was used to the original one... (never got far enough where a "boss" type monster would follow you literally almost everywhere.)

Quote Originally Posted by r.a View Post
    dead space. i couldn't finish the game. my anxiety was at a peak.

also, the original alien vs predator game for pc. its some scary shit when you're a marine being stalked by those fuckin aliens.
    Played the game, scenery definitely set up the mood. The children's zone was..... -____-

The hallucinations were something also. I swear it felt like the grudge. And, well, the grudge scared the crap out of me too.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Too bad Dead Space wasn't a FPS. I probably would've had more interest in it if it was.

MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

Ok FEAR was pretty good, it wont ever be like amnesia like people compare but it's a pretty balanced game. If the little girl doesn't do it then maybe the action (good imo) will.

And condemned does look pretty screwed. Maybe someone could give a synopsis.

edit: the two expansions might be worth playing too. Extraction Point has the same tricks but I thought it's still fresh, good thing you're in a hospital at the end. It kind of wears off in Perseus Mandate though.
    Last edited by Eugene Watson VIII; 12-15-2012 at 07:47 PM.

WALMART

Mannequins in a dilapidated retail mall. Condemned was really cool, being an early next-gen title. I miss the beginning of a cycle's ingenuity. Now all we get are sequels and prequels.

MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

Nice, all that comes to mind is

I hope someone has played that.