• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

On Writing Styles

wank

MBTI Type
free
Enneagram
nope
A friend of mine and I are intent on writing a short chapbook from epistolary perspectives, what likely will be a simple drama(based on current projections).

It occurred to me that I should like to portray characters (amongst other traits) by regional association, at different reading levels, and writing patterns. This last, that of writing patterns, I have been drawn to conclude, is greatly lacking on points of reference, and has little exposition on it's variety(common cluster literary devices, idiomatic subject consistency, and other what-have-you).

I would like to propose communal idea mining out a scaffolding of thought on this subject.

In other words, that we might expound on more macro-cosmic informal writing styles.

I realize I could easily have gone to a more literary oriented forum or some such, however I find myself familiar with a few of the long term members here, and interested in thoughts from a background of typological presupossition, although I would not be so interested in a direct translation of personality typology into a literary version.

May I ask your thoughts?