Thread: Nightclubs?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Thumbs up Nightclubs?

Hello fellow intuitives! Surely there are some of you on here who know a thing or two about nightclubs. I've never been to one, and really want to go. Problem is, my traveling companion is a very introverted INFP who knows nothing about these sorts of things. I guess the basic questions are:

- How much money is reasonable to expect to spend (as a non drinker and as a moderate drinker)
    - What is typically a reasonable time to arrive
    - What separates a bad-ass nightclub from an okay one
    - How the hell do you find one you'll enjoy going to?

If anyone lives in Atlanta/knows the area, that's where I'll be at. For a Collective Soul concert
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Ginkgo

It's a good idea to bring about 300 + dollars. Alcohol can really do you in and it's much more expensive in nightclubs. I spent 100 dollars before I knew it once, though it's rare.

It's a good time to arrive in the afternoon.

What separates a bad ass night club from an okay one is whether you and your INFP are there or not!

Idk. Search.

MBTI
    STUF

Don't buy alcohol in nightclubs unless you're just topping off, be drunk beforehand.
    Whoops.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Gish View Post
    Don't buy alcohol in nightclubs unless you're just topping off, be drunk beforehand.
    Omg so true. Not true for movie theaters though. A can of Mickey's is better smuggled.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

How much?
    I would also suggest drinking before hand and taking a taxi. Drinks can get crazy expensive. If you go to more of a bar with dancing they'll be no cover. If you want to go to a real night club and sit in one of those seating areas it will be ridiculous. Hundreds of dollas however typically those hundreds go towards your alcohol, it doesn't make sense though if you have a small group. Check the websites and you can sometimes get on some type VIP list and not get charged a cover.

Reasonable time?
    ehh probably like 11:00 ish. Might be deals different places if you come early. Like ladies free before 10 or something.

Bad ass night club from an okay one?
    Music selection is probably something. Having areas where you can relax, Having a large crowd not being empty. Cool people willing to dance. Nice staff I guess. I really think it's about your attitude though. Anything can be fun if you don't take your self to seriously.

Find one you like?
    Look at their websites, check out who DJs there and look them up. I think Havanna is pretty cool just because it has a variety of things. There's the main hip-hop/pop room, a more electronic area and then a latin music room. I've also got friends that frequent the lava lounge. I went to buckhead saloon once and didn't enjoy it but I suppose it could appeal to some people. it has a very frat meats jersey shore meets buckhead yuppies vibe and there are moose heads everywhere.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Don't drink beforehand. You're girls. You should have men buy your drinks and should not be charged cover if the bouncer thinks seeing you go in will bring guys in. The best clubs are either really just taking off and thus hard to find or super exclusive. I recommend rooftop clubs on the. top of a hotel. Also, be careful. Don't drink too much or leave your drinks unattended. If you do plan on buying drinks, plan for $20/drink.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

20 dollars a drink? Where the hell do you live?

It's bad enough at 5 dollars. lol. Screw clubs.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Los Angeles. $16 + tip. Not that bad methinks
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    Not that bad methinks
    Pretty retarded, actually.

I don't know. I'm becoming more like my dad everyday (i.e. cheap).

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    Don't drink beforehand. You're girls. You should have men buy your drinks and should not be charged cover if the bouncer thinks seeing you go in will bring guys in. The best clubs are either really just taking off and thus hard to find or super exclusive. I recommend rooftop clubs on the. top of a hotel. Also, be careful. Don't drink too much or leave your drinks unattended. If you do plan on buying drinks, plan for $20/drink.
    There are pros and cons to this strategy. Pro - free drink. Con- guys following you around all night acting like you owe them something. Con- using people for drinks