• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Nightclubs?

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hello fellow intuitives! Surely there are some of you on here who know a thing or two about nightclubs. I've never been to one, and really want to go. Problem is, my traveling companion is a very introverted INFP who knows nothing about these sorts of things. I guess the basic questions are:

- How much money is reasonable to expect to spend (as a non drinker and as a moderate drinker)
- What is typically a reasonable time to arrive
- What separates a bad-ass nightclub from an okay one
- How the hell do you find one you'll enjoy going to?

If anyone lives in Atlanta/knows the area, that's where I'll be at. For a Collective Soul concert :wizfreak:

G

Ginkgo

It's a good idea to bring about 300 + dollars. Alcohol can really do you in and it's much more expensive in nightclubs. I spent 100 dollars before I knew it once, though it's rare.

It's a good time to arrive in the afternoon.

What separates a bad ass night club from an okay one is whether you and your INFP are there or not!

Idk. Search.

Gish

Which side are you on?
MBTI Type
PTSD
Don't buy alcohol in nightclubs unless you're just topping off, be drunk beforehand.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
How much?
I would also suggest drinking before hand and taking a taxi. Drinks can get crazy expensive. If you go to more of a bar with dancing they'll be no cover. If you want to go to a real night club and sit in one of those seating areas it will be ridiculous. Hundreds of dollas however typically those hundreds go towards your alcohol, it doesn't make sense though if you have a small group. Check the websites and you can sometimes get on some type VIP list and not get charged a cover.

Reasonable time?
ehh probably like 11:00 ish. Might be deals different places if you come early. Like ladies free before 10 or something.

Bad ass night club from an okay one?
Music selection is probably something. Having areas where you can relax, Having a large crowd not being empty. Cool people willing to dance. Nice staff I guess. I really think it's about your attitude though. Anything can be fun if you don't take your self to seriously.

Find one you like?
Look at their websites, check out who DJs there and look them up. I think Havanna is pretty cool just because it has a variety of things. There's the main hip-hop/pop room, a more electronic area and then a latin music room. I've also got friends that frequent the lava lounge. I went to buckhead saloon once and didn't enjoy it but I suppose it could appeal to some people. it has a very frat meats jersey shore meets buckhead yuppies vibe and there are moose heads everywhere.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Don't drink beforehand. You're girls. You should have men buy your drinks and should not be charged cover if the bouncer thinks seeing you go in will bring guys in. The best clubs are either really just taking off and thus hard to find or super exclusive. I recommend rooftop clubs on the. top of a hotel. Also, be careful. Don't drink too much or leave your drinks unattended. If you do plan on buying drinks, plan for $20/drink.

KDude

20 dollars a drink? Where the hell do you live?

It's bad enough at 5 dollars. lol. Screw clubs.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Los Angeles. $16 + tip. Not that bad methinks

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Don't drink beforehand. You're girls. You should have men buy your drinks and should not be charged cover if the bouncer thinks seeing you go in will bring guys in. The best clubs are either really just taking off and thus hard to find or super exclusive. I recommend rooftop clubs on the. top of a hotel. Also, be careful. Don't drink too much or leave your drinks unattended. If you do plan on buying drinks, plan for $20/drink.

There are pros and cons to this strategy. Pro - free drink. Con- guys following you around all night acting like you owe them something. Con- using people for drinks :(

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Don't buy alcohol in nightclubs unless you're just topping off, be drunk beforehand.

If you or a friend wants to get drunk, then go with this advice. No reason to spend more than $20-$30 if you do it this way.

Words of Ivory

facettes de la petite mor
MBTI Type
INFJ
- How much money is reasonable to expect to spend (as a non drinker and as a moderate drinker)
As an Irish man, I can only assume this is a trick question.

Whenever you're ready to cut loose.

If you're late, everyone else will be too drunk to notice anyway.

Good music.

The only way to find out is to go to them and give them a test run for yourself.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
Hello fellow intuitives! Surely there are some of you on here who know a thing or two about nightclubs. I've never been to one, and really want to go. Problem is, my traveling companion is a very introverted INFP who knows nothing about these sorts of things. I guess the basic questions are:

If anyone lives in Atlanta/knows the area, that's where I'll be at. For a Collective Soul concert :wizfreak:

I hope the concert is fun! I live in Atlanta and while the club scene is not mine.. I work with people who go a lot and listen to them talk about it.

I looked up where the concert is and the club that I always hear mentioned is Opera, it's 2.4 miles from your concert. I'd bring at least $150, just to have it if you need it. Cabs here are expensive and I wouldn't take MARTA after 10 PM. There are MARTA cops.. but I'd stick to cabs.

As to when to arrive, I know most of the people I work with don't get there until 10 or 11, they also drink before hand to save money.

I've never been to a club so I can't answer those other questions.

Istbkleta

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The ways you guys describe it, clubs seem pretty depressing places - half-drunk people, dangerous areas, creepy people (thus don't leave drinks unattended), gold-digging mentality (men buy you drinks), etc.

Except the obvious reason of preying on people in some way, what other reason do people without Se have to frequent these kinds of nightclubs?

I am curious.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
From an NF who isn't trying to pick someone up: Loneliness. Wanting to talk to someone. The hope that you will meet someone interesting (though you know it isn't likely to happen).

Why do guys frequent pubs?

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
Pubs and clubs, while rhyming, I feel that's where the similarity ends. :D

I think people go to clubs to let loose and be someone they either aren't all the time or someone different all together. It's probably freeing and honestly a lot of fun for some. Like I said, they're not my scene. I like to be able to hear who I'm talking to and dancing usually annoys me.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, I guess so. I don't really have nightclubs here so much. I was inserting "bars" for it. :smile:

Words of Ivory

facettes de la petite mor
MBTI Type
INFJ
Except the obvious reason of preying on people in some way, what other reason do people without Se have to frequent these kinds of nightclubs?

I am curious.
I go to nightclubs to cut loose. There are few things I find more fulfilling and liberating then loosing myself to the beat and tempo of music coursing through my body and bouncing in my brain.

Why do guys frequent pubs?
Haha! I never thought that being Irish would actually benefit me in answering a question.

Disclosure: My town is one long street, of about eighty houses. There are eight pubs on this street. Some stereotypes exist for a reason.

Pubs are a social experience. They just like to hang out, drink a few beers, and talk about the craic. Often time, it will also be accompanied by a soccer match. Most pubs over here get cable television on their premises solely for this purpose, to improve business.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
:) Yes, I can see that.

I think people go to pubs and bars to be around others and to laugh.. camaraderie.. or to be alone amid people. I think people to to clubs to 'move' and experience carnality in a socially acceptable form. To focus on now, more than they're able to typically. Or something else altogether.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's a good idea to bring about 300 + dollars. Alcohol can really do you in and it's much more expensive in nightclubs. I spent 100 dollars before I knew it once, though it's rare.

It's a good time to arrive in the afternoon.

What separates a bad ass night club from an okay one is whether you and your INFP are there or not!

Idk. Search.
Uhh...I think you're joking but I'm not entirely sure, so if you're serious, it's a terrible idea to bring anything remotely close to 300$, because you are very likely to spend it or lose it. Bring enough for cover times a few places (can probably find out in advance, 5-10$ around here but not sure about Atlanta) and a few drinks, and enough extra cash to cab home whether or not you plan to use it. Drinks are very overpriced in clubs, again not sure about Atlanta but 10-15$ here on average - much much better to predrink if you can manage it. Even drinking at a pub will often be much cheaper than the club, depending on the exact places. Drinking enough to get drunk at club prices will bankrupt you pretty quickly, go nuts if you like to burn money though, I guess.

Best time to arrive is usually around 11-midnight, again depends on the nightlife culture in the area, I suppose.

Finding one you like is usually a gamble, you generally have to go in and check it out which is why it's easier if you go for places with cheap cover.