User Tag List

First 5678 Last

The Iron Giant

Quote Originally Posted by ilikeitlikethat View Post
    I did however love this game too, and it did rock my world.
    Cool! If you don't already know, SEGA recently published all the Wonder Boy games to all these consoles' download services (though I think one arcade game is missing on Wii just yet, not sure). You should check them out if you have a Wii, PS3, or 360.

F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Cool! If you don't already know, SEGA recently published all the Wonder Boy games to all these consoles' download services (though I think one arcade game is missing on Wii just yet, not sure). You should check them out if you have a Wii, PS3, or 360.
    I have a 360, would love to play those on it just for kicks. Of course, I'd like to go eBay and go vintage too so, it's all good.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Do you like Elder Scrolls games and if so which one is your favorite?
    This is my favorite in the pic:
    Attachment 7882

The Iron Giant

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Attachment 7882
    I owned Oblivion on PS3 for a short time but never got around to playing it before my ex-wife took it with her when she moved out. I haven't generally enjoyed western RPGs as much as Japanese, but there have been some exceptions. I haven't played Skyrim at all.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Attachment 7882
    Only played Daggerfall and it was pretty awesome.

Banned
    MBTI
    SEXY
    Enneagram
    hot
    Socionics
    body

hmm...
    <_<
    >_>

So, if someone had idea's for games and very limited programing knowledge how much of a chance would they have at designing a gaming structure?

Like me. I understand things like frame rates and execution from a standpoint of a player. And things like the gravity acceleration in games like megaman [where it's programmed so that the longer duration you're "in the air" (which sometimes has interesting exceptions as far as what's considered grounded and what's in the air because certain objects you can stand on but aren't considered "ground" so your in air) the faster you fall speed increases. Some games do with and have a terminal velocity added to it).

But despite understanding the effects of the programming I don't know how it's programmed [like the code and all that jazz]. Just things like such and such will take said amount of frames to pull off.

So, say I have an idea for a game, then think of a company that makes similar games or their style of games [like the feel (how it responds and controls etc), look, and other factors] is something that would make said game idea great. How hard is it to try to sell this idea and become part of the project [knowing full and well I don't know shit 'bout programmin, but just wanna see a wonderful idea come to fruitation].

Considering the idea is something that's marketable.

The Iron Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Ricin View Post
    So, say I have an idea for a game, then think of a company that makes similar games or their style of games [like the feel (how it responds and controls etc), look, and other factors] is something that would make said game idea great. How hard is it to try to sell this idea and become part of the project [knowing full and well I don't know shit 'bout programmin, but just wanna see a wonderful idea come to fruitation].
    For the most part, game publishers and developers do not accept such proposals. My understanding is that, most of the time, you would need to produce a prototype and then pitch it to the publisher, which would mean you would be the developer. So, you would either need programming skills or know someone who did.

With digital distribution being what it is today, success can actually come without a big traditional publisher. What I would suggest is that you find a way to pull together lots of money so you can hire a programmer to help produce a prototype for your game idea, then you can pitch that to services that will digitally distribute indie games, like Steam.

Banned
    MBTI
    SEXY
    Enneagram
    hot
    Socionics
    body

For the most part, game publishers and developers do not accept such proposals. My understanding is that, most of the time, you would need to produce a prototype and then pitch it to the publisher, which would mean you would be the developer. So, you would either need programming skills or know someone who did.

With digital distribution being what it is today, success can actually come without a big traditional publisher. What I would suggest is that you find a way to pull together lots of money so you can hire a programmer to help produce a prototype for your game idea, then you can pitch that to services that will digitally distribute indie games, like Steam.
    I guess at this point I just need to learn the language of programing. I already has a basic understanding of how it works. Hit/hurt boxes, stun, frames, changing effects for gravity, lag after commands, etc.. Just would have to learn the language and what a language is capable of and then start making a prototype version to sell

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

How do you feel about fan-made localizations, or the old-school hacking scenes in general?

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/Fan...Romhacking.htm

http://agtp.romhack.net/
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I have been writing about video games, personally and professionally, for more than ten years. I'm also a collector, with a collection of more than three hundred titles, most in original packaging and some factory sealed. Ask me anything.

All on topic posts get rep!
    Oh, I missed this thread before. (btw if you haven't figured it out yet, rep is just a messaging system here - no points. )

Please tell me if there have been any good playable turn-based or otherwise slow-paced (time-wise, not complexity-wise) strategy games released in the last 5-10 years. I don't know of any, and while I love my old heroes III/civ/pharaoh/masters of orion/etc series, the graphics are pretty old and they get buggy with windows xp and later.

Why does it seem like all new video games recently are either MMOs or shooting games? Super annoying.
    -end of thread-