User Tag List

First 45678 Last

@Stephen

Pretty much agreed with what you said. Though, I liked FF7, but agreed that it's overhyped. The milking of it and the obnoxious fans that won't let it die left a bad taste in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Final Fantasy 6 (3? I always get confused by that) is definitely the pinnacle. 7 was good. It started going downhill fast at 8. 9 was awful.... And I will forever remain the ONLY person in the world that enjoyed 10, but damnit I liked 10. 10-2 was laughable. 11 was an MMO so it doesn't count as far as I'm concerned. 13 was "kill me now".
    I liked FF8.

The Iron Giant

Quote Originally Posted by River View Post
    What about the story do you find incomprehensible?
    Most of it is probably due to the localization. Most of the time, I had little idea what was going on. By the end of the game, I had no idea who or what Cloud, Sephiroth, Jenova, or Zack were, and if any of what was happening was supposed to be real or imaginary. Aeris also seemed like a pointless character, aside from the whole "oh no you liked me and now I'm dead, go kill the guy who did it." I read a synopsis of the ending a long time ago and I don't remember it clearing any of it up.

The Iron Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I liked FF8.
    I thought 8 was more impressive than 7 in a lot of ways. The cinematic intro for one thing was pretty breathtaking at the time. But I generally prefer the more high fantasy styled FF games to the high tech ones. Even VI, my favorite, had some tech... magitek.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Serious question about Red Dead Redemption (for Sir Stephen):

What do you think about hogtying an NPC in Armadillo, throwing him on the back of your steed, catching up to a moving train and throwing him down on the tracks so the train will run him over, in which he'll violently explode in a hail of blood, guts and body parts?

Yesterday, I spent an estimated 5 hours doing this in repetition and the only reason I stopped was because my power went out.

Have you ever done this, I guess...is the question.

The Iron Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Duck_of_Death View Post
    Serious question about Red Dead Redemption (for Sir Stephen):

What do you think about hogtying an NPC in Armadillo, throwing him on the back of your steed, catching up to a moving train and throwing him down on the tracks so the train will run him over, in which he'll violently explode in a hail of blood, guts and body parts?

Yesterday, I spent an estimated 5 hours doing this in repetition and the only reason I stopped was because my power went out.

Have you ever done this, I guess...is the question.
    I haven't played the game, but I've heard great things along those lines.

F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

Alex the Kidd in Miracle World (1986)

Sega...

I love, now, looking back, how Stone Head and I think all of them turn into hamburgers which; Alex is then seen eating or 'munching' in the corner of the screen on the loading page for the next level after these end of level battles.

Ever played it?
    Ever heard of it?

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    I haven't played the game, but I've heard great things along those lines.
    Fair enough, I was joking around anyway.
    But here is an actual question:

What do you think of the current state of the video game community?

It's not the same as when I was a kid--there was a genuine sense of community within arcades. You'd play a multiplayer game and other kids you didn't know would join, and as you stood there punching the buttons, you would get to know them, banter with them and high five when you finally defeated the level boss. It was magical. I made many real life friends that way and it meant a lot to me, being a hard introvert that didn't get out much.

Well, that pretty much went out the window with online gaming and the advent of consoles. Gaming communities are often notoriously misogynistic and online activity commonly descends into petty name-calling and liberal usage of racial/sexual/gender slurs that I dare not utter here. To be honest, I don't want to know these people. I don't want to be clumped in with them.

This is my take on it. What say you?

The Iron Giant

@Duck_of_Death, I agree. I think the sense of community has gone out of gaming. I don't play online games with strangers anymore, because 100% of my experiences have been awful. This is the case regardless of whether we're talking about Mario Kart DS or Diablo or anything else. When you're not planted in the same room with another gamer, you lose accountability for your actions.

I feel like anonymity makes people into trolls, whether they're on a forum or a game server. It's this kind of thing that makes me think Nintendo had the right general idea with avoiding online play and moving toward local multiplayer, but that's just impractical when you're not a kid. As much as I loved Four Swords Adventures for Gamecube, I never had more than two players for it, and I wouldn't have had that many if I hadn't been married when it came out. I still wish I had three friends nearby to play Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles with!

The Iron Giant

Quote Originally Posted by ilikeitlikethat View Post
    Alex the Kidd in Miracle World (1986)

Sega...

I love, now, looking back, how Stone Head and I think all of them turn into Hamburgers which; Alex is then seen eating or 'munching' in the corner of the screen on the loading page for the next level after these end of level battles.

Ever played it?
    Ever heard of it?

Maybe...

F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post

Maybe...
    Wow, that's pretty cool Man, you know!

My copy looked like this and was the only game installed to the console...
    Did you know that that's what that console looked like in Europe?

I did however love this game too, and it did rock my world.

I still remember the password to be able to turn into any creature.

on the page with all the 0s, it's WE5T 0NE 0000 0000 0000 0000...

I only remember that because that's how I was taught how to play the game.