User Tag List

First 567

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I was wrong; reading your responses, i feel like you misinterpreted everything i said. It's like your answers were written to someone else's post. Out of energy, sorry.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    You didn't say anything about wings of wax.

Do you even know what an Icarus is?
    Yeah, it's a Nintendo game.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I was wrong; reading your responses, i feel like you misinterpreted everything i said. It's like your answers were written to someone else's post. Out of energy, sorry.
    So that's how you get out of being wrong? By admitting that you were wrong about something not even related?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Sunshine plot holes -
    "As the crew attempts to rotate the shield to repair it, there is an argument that they would lose com towers 3 and 4, which they say would need on the way home. However, many shots including the simulation of payload delivery reveal that the Icarus' small shield which is supposed to protect Icarus after the payload is detached, just isn't wide enough to protect those towers at all, so they would've lost them anyway. It is even questionable, whether this shield would be capable of protecting the Icarus itself after detaching the payload with the large shield and at that close distance from the sun."

Is that really a plot hole?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    If there were only those two issues you could be right. But I have to draw the line somewhere. I pretty much knew what kind of silliness I was in for at the very beginning when one of the scientists said that breathing the planet's atmosphere of 3% carbon dioxide was like sucking on a tailpipe.
    Well yes, but you could also view the tailpipe comment as 'realistic', in the sense that there are a lot of people *in our reality* who blow smoke and state blatant untruths. I mean, you could walk down the street or anywhere and hear non-scientists profess knowledge on a certain topic that they know nothing about. Or even more educated people stating things that aren't true, whether willfully, b.s.ing, to try to make themselves look more knowledgable to those around them than they actually are, or they're ignorant and don't know they're slipping up on a fact.

Also, what I edited into my first response re. the Stupidity factor in general --even the 'stupidity' element could be viewed as realistic, depending on the psychology of those involved; i.e. heightened stress, panic mode, utterly foreign and potentially life-threatening environment, causing people to lose their more rational side and therefore be... stupid. lol.

But yeah, I'm not sure why in this movie they went the route of having a higher # of non-scientist scientists than your typical sci-fi film.

Re. the genetics talk -- I am not overly bothered by distant aliens not following genetics/evolution as we know it here, because I'm of the opinion there could be very different processes elsewhere, the building blocks/metabolism elsewhere not needing to be how it is here, thus why should I expect or require the aliens/biological processes in sci-fi movies to follow that of Earth?
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ