• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Prometheus Review: Are the Answers Here?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was wrong; reading your responses, i feel like you misinterpreted everything i said. It's like your answers were written to someone else's post. Out of energy, sorry.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was wrong; reading your responses, i feel like you misinterpreted everything i said. It's like your answers were written to someone else's post. Out of energy, sorry.

So that's how you get out of being wrong? By admitting that you were wrong about something not even related?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sunshine plot holes -
"As the crew attempts to rotate the shield to repair it, there is an argument that they would lose com towers 3 and 4, which they say would need on the way home. However, many shots including the simulation of payload delivery reveal that the Icarus' small shield which is supposed to protect Icarus after the payload is detached, just isn't wide enough to protect those towers at all, so they would've lost them anyway. It is even questionable, whether this shield would be capable of protecting the Icarus itself after detaching the payload with the large shield and at that close distance from the sun."

Is that really a plot hole?

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If there were only those two issues you could be right. But I have to draw the line somewhere. I pretty much knew what kind of silliness I was in for at the very beginning when one of the scientists said that breathing the planet's atmosphere of 3% carbon dioxide was like sucking on a tailpipe.

Well yes, but you could also view the tailpipe comment as 'realistic', in the sense that there are a lot of people *in our reality* who blow smoke and state blatant untruths. I mean, you could walk down the street or anywhere and hear non-scientists profess knowledge on a certain topic that they know nothing about. Or even more educated people stating things that aren't true, whether willfully, b.s.ing, to try to make themselves look more knowledgable to those around them than they actually are, or they're ignorant and don't know they're slipping up on a fact.

Also, what I edited into my first response re. the Stupidity factor in general --even the 'stupidity' element could be viewed as realistic, depending on the psychology of those involved; i.e. heightened stress, panic mode, utterly foreign and potentially life-threatening environment, causing people to lose their more rational side and therefore be... stupid. lol.

But yeah, I'm not sure why in this movie they went the route of having a higher # of non-scientist scientists than your typical sci-fi film. :)

Re. the genetics talk -- I am not overly bothered by distant aliens not following genetics/evolution as we know it here, because I'm of the opinion there could be very different processes elsewhere, the building blocks/metabolism elsewhere not needing to be how it is here, thus why should I expect or require the aliens/biological processes in sci-fi movies to follow that of Earth?