User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should Pixar make me their new creative consultant?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 47.06%
  • No

9 52.94%
First 1234 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Do not bring plastic surgery up in this thread.

Plastic surgery is a terrible idea for a Pixar movie. Considering their recent outings are skin deep, anyway, I find such an idea counterproductive. Pixar's Nip/Tuck? Come on!

MBTI
    IsFJ

Wouldn't making a vampire movie be more "following the bandwagon" and less "orginal artistic vision"?

I do agree that there needs to be a more prominent non-for-the-whole-family animation industry sector, though I think "sex and boobs" isn't exactly what I have in mind when I think of "mature". The medium has so much potential!

Also, can you really criticize Brave without having seen it? How can you tell it's a "politically correct" movie and not just one with a female protagonist?
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Wouldn't making a vampire movie be more "following the bandwagon" and less "orginal artistic vision"?
    Within the context of a Pixar movie, or any mainstream big-budget computer animated movie (I'm not counting those stupid Japanese movies), for that matter, you're damn right it would be original.

I do agree that there needs to be a more prominent non-for-the-whole-family animation industry sector, though I think "sex and boobs" isn't exactly what I have in mind when I think of "mature". The medium has so much potential!
    Mature content doesn't always mean "mature."

Also, can you really criticize Brave without having seen it? How can you tell it's a "politically correct" movie and not just one with a female protagonist?
    I know a bit about its development.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    Do you or do you not want to see CG boobies in a Pixar movie? (Remember Syndrome's secretary The Incredibles? You know the animators wanted to show more!!! And probably the same with Violet, as well.)
    She wasn't his 'secretary,' she was his office manager, and since she was an SP-style INFJ, "boobies" would have been entirely inappropriate for her character. So far you are not inspiring much confidence.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

ironically, the best thing about Brave was its honest depiction of a volatile mother-daughter relationship. Typically Disney movies axe the mother so that she never appears in the movie, and Pixar's gone either way (Finding Nemo hinges on an incident that robs the family of their mother; and on the other end, I think Helen Parr in The Incredibles was probably the best, most realistic animated mom I've seen). So I think bitching about the fact that the movie focuses on a female heroine and her relationship with her mother as the core conflict of the movie is in essence criticizing one of the most original things done in an American animated movie for quite some time, rather than it being part of "convention."

I had other bones to pick with the movie, which basically are just that a lot of the wit was dumbed down, the witch wasn't very memorable but cobbled together from various similar characters we've already seen, and the movie doesn't really seem to go anywhere plot-wise. It seems much shorter than it was. Many of the secondary characters just were not very distinctive and ended up being painted entirely as buffoons rather than having nuance in their character.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I would say that Pixar should make a movie called Real Dolls, but it's probably better suited as Dreamworks' cheap knockoff of Toy Story.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I would say that Pixar should make a movie called Real Dolls, but it's probably better suited as Dreamworks' cheap knockoff of Toy Story.
    Maybe Ralph Bakshi will hire you on as a consultant, if he picks up the concept.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

How about a sincere computer-animated biopic? And by sincere, I don't mean tacky like Pocahontas.

How about an animated biopic of Walt Disney?!?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

How about a sincere computer-animated biopic? And by sincere, I don't mean tacky like Pocahontas.

How about an animated biopic of Walt Disney?!?
    Rofl! Okay, you've got a lot of panache , that's good for something.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Pixar should keep making funny family movies like they have been doing in my opinion. :P

I'm secretly hoping blizzard cinematics will make some cool movies. As far as animation goes, they've always been top notch.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf