• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"Dredd"

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was referring to the no-holds-barred violence and unapologetic purpose.
Kill, kill and, uh...kill some more.

I did enjoy the production design of Dredd. Peach Trees felt lived in.

Just finished watching it. Reminded me in some ways of The Raid (obviously). But wow, that was badass!
Definitely one of the better action pics to come out last year.

And no, it didn't pretend to be anything different, but it actually tried to have a little nuance. Ma-ma was kind of understated, and some of the scenes with Anderson (like when she reads the woman's mind and realizes what she's done, or when she goes into the black guy's head and they tried to one-up each other) added some flavor to the movie. I could definitely track her changes as she went through the experience. Dredd originally says that she doesn't look like she's ready, and later he says she does, and she actually DOES seem very different.

The SloMo scenes were pretty cool too, including the very last one. Again, it added some art and variety to the violence.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
The Raid was on sale at Best Buy so I picked them both up and watched them back to back.
I believe Dredd was made first. I read that it sat on the shelf for over a year.

Sadly, Dredd didn't make back its budget in theaters so there probably won't be a sequel.
Then again, it is ranking high on current video sales. And has garnered a lot of buzz.

People love this movie. It is pretty awesome (I wasn't expecting much from it).

I lament seeing Looper instead of Dredd that weekend.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Raid was on sale at Best Buy so I picked them both up and watched them back to back.
I believe Dredd was made first. I read that it sat on the shelf for over a year.

Dredd was written first, yes... they weren't ripoffs of each other. I think The Raid was actually going to be different and the idea was only settled on later in production. Dredd itself went through four screenplay treatments, I think... the writer just couldn't get the others to click, until this one.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just finished watching it. Reminded me in some ways of The Raid (obviously). But wow, that was badass!
Definitely one of the better action pics to come out last year.

And no, it didn't pretend to be anything different, but it actually tried to have a little nuance. Ma-ma was kind of understated, and some of the scenes with Anderson (like when she reads the woman's mind and realizes what she's done, or when she goes into the black guy's head and they tried to one-up each other) added some flavor to the movie. I could definitely track her changes as she went through the experience. Dredd originally says that she doesn't look like she's ready, and later he says she does, and she actually DOES seem very different.

The SloMo scenes were pretty cool too, including the very last one. Again, it added some art and variety to the violence.

I knew you'd say that.

KDude

Just finished it. The funniest thing about it is that it's just a typical day in the life of Judge Dredd.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just finished it. The funniest thing about it is that it's just a typical day in the life of Judge Dredd.

That's the scary part. I wonder what Judge life expectancy is.