User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Christian is a dick. What is it you find appealing about him? Did you read that review? What if he acted as much like a dick as he already does, but instead of being really really ridiculously good looking, looked like George Costanza?

MBTI
    INFP

If you read all three books you would not think he's a dick.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I also hate that "inner goddess" thing. Say it once or twice, maybe. It seemed like it was on every page.
    For some reason the phrase "inner goddess" as a descriptor for her vag makes me think the guys actually fucking a lady midget in a toga that she has crammed between her thighs. Either that or vagina has a second smaller vagina inside of it that she can extend out xenomorph style.

And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I agree about goddess lingo. Trying to think of some more...
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

I assume that Ana's second xenomorph vagina wears a tasteful, tiny vagina toga as well, because it's a goddess after all.

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post

I agree about goddess lingo. Trying to think of some more...
    Lumsden actually kept a running tally of all the series' most recurrent (read: trite and overused) words and phrases. Here it is for the first book:

Word Count:
    "Oh My" - 79
    "Crap" - 101
    "Jeez" - 82
    "Holy (shit/fuck/crap/hell/cow/moses)" - 172
    "Whoa" - 13
    "Gasp" - 34
    "Gasps" - 11
    "Sharp Intake of Breath" - 4
    "Murmur" - 68
    "Murmurs" - 139
    "Whisper" - 96
    "Whispers" - 103
    "Mutter" - 28
    "Mutters" - 23
    "Fifty" - 16
    "Lip" - 71
    "Inner goddess" - 58
    "Subconscious" - 82
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    If you read all three books you would not think he's a dick.
    Incorrect. Or, actually, correct- I would think he was an entire bag of dicks.

Seriously. I know how the books end, I don't think it's a believable or complete redemption. I just hate that guy.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

If I were developing it, I'd put microscopic suction cups all over the inside of it to suck the unsuspecting victim's member and issue all up.

did that just cum out of my mouth
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    Honestly I have no idea why it has such appeal. It's not like this is the first erotic fiction to come out. Many erotic fiction titles have come out that are probably better written and they have not gotten the attention that Fifty Shades of Grey has. I suppose alot of it is just being in the right place at the right time or the author happened to know the right people in promoting the book?

I normally avoid this sort of genre but I am kind of curious about this book. Maybe just to see if it deserves all the hype it's getting. I work in a library and my library has an extremely long waiting list. We definitely aren't banning the book like some libraries are. The waiting list is so long that unless the library orders more copies, if you requested it today, you would wait about a year to get it. I'm not kidding.
    All the same applies here at my library too. Some of the librarians checked it out to see what the fuss was about and were disappointed, so I won't bother.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    For some reason the phrase "inner goddess" as a descriptor for her vag makes me think the guys actually fucking a lady midget in a toga that she has crammed between her thighs. Either that or vagina has a second smaller vagina inside of it that she can extend out xenomorph style.
    Maybe I should read this book. I thought "inner goddess" was just a metaphor for, like... the uninhibited part of her psyche that thinks fucking is a jolly grand idea. I didn't realize it meant small toga-clad inner xenomorph vagina.

Ginkgo

*clears throat*

Douchecanoe.

That is all.