• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

British People/Characters on non British TV

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
British People on TV... You might be wondering 'Well what the hell has this got to do with anything?'
and, well, you'd be right; if you said 'nothing at all.'

But I'm British and, when I hear a British accent in something I'm watching, I'm all like 'yay!'

So, British People/Chacratcers on TV.

bashir.jpg

From Star Trek Deep Space 9, Dr. Bashir

This guy reminds me of me... but then so does Spike and Giles from Buffy and, Daphne from Fraiser. - Because of the Britishness you see.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you didn't know.. the actor who played Spike is a Chicago native. He must have done a good job at the accent for you not to have him on your shit list.

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If you didn't know.. the actor who played Spike is a Chicago native. He must have done a good job at the accent for you not to have him on your shit list.
I knew he was American... That's all I knew.

Spike, the character, still reminds me of me, though.

--

Daphne :)
laugh.gif

quiz1645outcome4.jpg

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
They're often evil. Which I find hilarious. (Like Scar in The Lion King, who has a gorgeous British accent while all his relatives have all-American accents.)

I love British accents, especially that which I refer to as "posh-but-not-SUPER-POSH".

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Blimey, I'm a limey :p I'm not Amish, I'm English. Pip pip cheerios and what not, wanna start a riot? I kid, I kid; Because, there's a puppet, jolly well, right on my hand... How's your belly full of spots? ... And the sad thing is, I know a place called My Old China.

Beorn

Permabanned
My favorite British character is Mrs. Featherbottom.
[YOUTUBE="8f0Kc9Uha_I"]Mrs. Featherbottom Intro[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="NoZqXVi8SxE"]Mrs. Featherbottom scared[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="tt8Iwf_87eY"]Mrs. Featherbottom fall[/YOUTUBE]

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
They're often evil. Which I find hilarious. (Like Scar in The Lion King, who has a gorgeous British accent while all his relatives have all-American accents.)

He's voiced by Jeremy Irons, who is awesome.

There's Lane Pryce on Mad Men

Also, Game of Thrones is technically an American show that takes place in a fictional world, but pretty much everyone has a British accent.

And we could start a whole new thread about British actors taking on American accents.

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Tori from 100 Deeds for Eddie McDowd Disney Channel retro crush.

100-deeds-for-eddie-mcdowd-complete-series-2fab.JPG

She was British, proud and played the electric guitar too... I was so crushing on her but then, damn.

Her guitar was even sexy, they gave her a Gibson Les Paul and everything, Tori (that character) was freaking hot.