• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Euro 2012

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Good thing that ended quickly.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
That'll surely be an interesting match indeed.

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I just found out now that England lost... Ohwell, atleast we still have the Olympics this year, and by we, I mean London. :tongue:
Ohwell.
Wasn't too fussed about the Euros (European Cup) anyway, tbh.

R

Riva

Italy really did deserve to win that match. Too bad they couldn't score a single goal. Urghhh!

I was supporting England initially but the extreme talent shown by the Italians made me change my mind. Wow!

Ps -

Germany Vs Italy in another semi finals. Will it be a repeat of the 2006 world cup?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Germany Vs Italy in another semi finals. Will it be a repeat of the 2006 world cup?

Oh dont talk about it, I am already sick. :azdaja:

Italy has a good new team, I even bought Balotelli and Diamanti in our little company manager game and they got me good points so far. But if Germany can keep its current performance, they will beat Italy. Judged from my objective group of regulars socccer analytic expertise, I'ld say Germany is the only team who can beat Spain atm.

But everything is possible in soccer :)

R

Riva

Oh dont talk about it, I am already sick. :azdaja:

Italy has a good new team, I even bought Balotelli and Diamanti in our little company manager game and they got me good points so far. But if Germany can keep its current performance, they will beat Italy. Judged from my objective group of regulars socccer analytic expertise, I'ld say Germany is the only team who can beat Spain atm.

But everything is possible in soccer :)

The stupid referee didn't notice a foul committed by an Italian player inside the penalty area in the 2006 Semis as I recall. Given that penalty kick to Ballack, it would have surely meant a German victory. The English commentators always say - 'Ballack never Miss'.

Urghhh!

And the Italians managed to sneak a goal in the last minute followed by another. What were the chances?? The Germans were surely the best 2006 team. The Italians just managed to cheat themselves in to the finals and made racial taunts to get rid of Zidane and win it. Fuck the 2006 Italian team.

Sorry [MENTION=857]FDG[/MENTION]!

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
The stupid referee didn't notice a foul committed by an Italian player inside the penalty area in the 2006 Semis as I recall. Given that penalty kick to Ballack, it would have surely meant a German victory. The English commentators always say - 'Ballack never Miss'.

Urghhh!

And the Italians managed to sneak a goal in the last minute followed by another. What were the chances?? The Germans were surely the best 2006 team. The Italians just managed to cheat themselves in to the finals and made racial taunts to get rid of Zidane and win it. Fuck the 2006 Italian team.

Sorry [MENTION=857]FDG[/MENTION]!

I *think* the final was pretty fair and each team could have deserved to win. 2-0 was way too much but 1-0 could have been okay, as well as a victory of either team at the shootouts, or a 1-0 for Germany aswell. I don't think there was much unfairness against the germans? Basically I don't know what you're talking about with this Balllack thingy...

But yeah well overall our team is worse than the german team; each player could be compared to each german player and be totally OK, however we lack cohesion since we have only recently changed most of them. Plus, some of our players are just lazy and-or crazy (Cassano, Balotelli).

Spain is equally better than Germany, however single matches are tricky and anything can happen. I truly believe it's impossible to predict who will will between Portugal, Spain, Germany and Italy.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't know about the rest of you but I'm all enthusiastic about the '14 World Cup in Brazil.

R

Riva

Only to meet and lose to Spain in the next match.

True Spain did win. But they had to go for penalties.

Why such confidence 'for' the Spanish team?

They seem to be less aggressive than some other teams and get very few hits towards the target.

Germany Vs Italy

Sigh!!!

Will it be another 2006 world cup semi finals? Italy played so well against the English and Germany has always always always being a wonderful (infact the most consistent) team for such a long time.

Germans!!!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
spain redefined the way to play soccer in 2006. in that year they were unbeatable, cause noone played like them. thats probably the reason why they have some sort of reputation today.

But the game wasnt convincing today. its so sad portugal didnt win, otherwise I had won 50 euro :/ :)

R

Riva

spain redefined the way to play soccer in 2006. in that year they were unbeatable, cause noone played like them. thats probably the reason why they have some sort of reputation today.

Ah I see. Thank you for the information. :)

But the game wasnt convincing today. its so sad portugal didnt win, otherwise I had won 50 euro :/ :)

Spoken Behaving like a true Italian.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

France beat Spain in the 1st knockout round of the 2006 world cup.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Germany's my team. I rooted for them since their '02 final against Brazil.

..They face Italy who they'll have to beat followed by Spain in the final.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8

They seem rather tired, even somewhat demotivated (compared to their usual "stellar" performance), while their style of play requires very fresh players.