• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Euro 2012

Sizzling Berry

MBTI Type
INFP
28 chances to score all missed. Holland has had issues. It's the same issues that have them narrowly lose every national competition there is but still they're a good side.

Did you see how Zidane effed up the one golden chance for France to win the '06 World Cup at all?

They dominated the game :shock:. They were quite forceful but nothing came out of it. Though Danish goalkeeper was good. And Danes were more precise on the opponent's part of the field.

1-nil to Germany! Yey, to Gomez!

Phew, for a moment I thought my bet would go bad :D. And Muller assisted :yesss:! Though Portuguese tactics were interesting:

Ronaldo field field nothing field etc etc -------------------------> the rest of the team

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
They dominated the game :shock:. They were quite forceful but nothing came out of it. Though Danish goalkeeper was good. And Danes were more precise on the opponent's part of the field.

I know; it's sooo weird.

Phew, for a moment I thought my bet would go bad :D. And Muller assisted :yesss:! Though Portuguese tactics were interesting:

Ronaldo field field nothing field etc etc -------------------------> the rest of the team

ROFL Muller.. :tongue: He missed like six or seven perfect goal-scoring opportunities, but that was a class header by Gomez.

The game was played averagely right up until the 72nd minute when Portugal conceded that goal but they held up a solid defense with at least 8 players continually stationed at their box. Lahm was placed to the far left throughout the game to provide Ozil with the breakthrough but it just couldn't happen. Portugal were too content to keep to a draw as they'd achieved in the past half a dozen qualifying matches but it was a poor choice in this one.. only having Ronaldo do the attack force. Although Ronaldo did press forward with the attack in the last sixteen minutes it wouldn't have broken the German deadlock by now who could really have gotten another goal in fact.

xisnotx

Permabanned
I guess I'll go with the English.
They colonized us...so ironically it's the team I can relate to the most.

Plus it would be nice to see the English fans rewarded. I mean, how they've only won one world cup and no euro cups is beyond me.

If they win, they'll be hyped up beyond belief for WC2014...only to go out in the second round as is their norm. I'd enjoy that show.

All I know is Brazil must not win in 2014.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Italy and Spain 1-1.

Whatever.

F

FigerPuppet

I'm very pleased that the Dutch were defeated, as the fans are always so full of themselves and the players often engage in filthy football.
Denmark will beat Portugal as we have done several times before. The Netherlands will hopefully manage to get a draw against Germany, and then lose to Portugal. A win for Denmark within regulation time against Germany will require divine intervention. The best I dare hope for is a stalemate and a resulting penalty shootout.

DEBO DEBO DEBO DEBO DOSH DOSH DOSH

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
[2-1.]

Yesssss, UKRAINE!!

Go to Shevchenko, the most prominent player in the tournament! Well done. x10000

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Czech will have this game.

Go for Russia tonight!

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lols, not The Netherlands, that was pretty clear against the bout vs Denmark. So many people that should be able to finish and score, and they just keep failing and failing and failing. :p

I hope they at least get their shit together for tomorrows match. Due to the rivalry existing between The Netherlands and Germany, this is not only a match that The Netherlands HAS to win if it wants a shot at advancing to the next rounds, it's a match they would feel extra horrofied for if losing. And Germany will be extra hyped in trying to throw the dutch from the tournament.

It has all the makings to become the most exiting match of Euro 2012.

I just hope they will hold true to that.

I hope it will be a close loss for the Netherlands. Like a 1-1 until 75'th minute 2-2 in the 85th, turning into an eventual 3-2 for germany. Something like that. I don't care much for soccer and I really hate seeing orange everywhere I freaking go and having to talk about soccer every single day at work. So if they lose I won't have to put up with that anymore. But it would also be sad to see them go with their tails between their legs, so at least make the game a fun one to watch. :p

xisnotx

Permabanned
So, you're rooting against your national team...because you don't like talking about it at work...
What is this world coming to???:huh:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So, you're rooting against your national team...because you don't like talking about it at work...
What is this world coming to???:huh:

Yup, to me football is just a game. Shocking, I know.

F

FigerPuppet

Screw Russia and their hooligan culture.

Also, it's FOOTBALL - not soccer. Calling it soccer is like ordering a salad over steak: Women won't be judged for doing it, but woe be unto the men who do the same.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't really understand why american football is called football anyways. The parts where the ball is actually touched by the foot is but a small part of its game. Whereas with normal football (soccer to americans) is actually a game played by ramming around the ball by foot. Makes sense to call it football. :p

Anyways, I'll just make the distinction by calling one sport football and the other american football. If I don't add the american part before football, I will be talking about this sport. :p

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
I don't really understand why american football is called football anyways. The parts where the ball is actually touched by the foot is but a small part of its game. Whereas with normal football (soccer to americans) is actually a game played by ramming around the ball by foot. Makes sense to call it football. :p

Anyways, I'll just make the distinction by calling one sport football and the other american football. If I don't add the american part before football, I will be talking about this sport. :p

American football was originally a mostly-kicking sort of game, similar to rugby, that evolved drastically to its current "hand-egg" form. Regarding "soccer," the term was invented by the British as an affectionate nickname for association football, analogous to "rugger" for Rugby football. Several English-speaking countries, other than the UK, call it "soccer." Football also means different things in those countries:

Ireland: Gaelic football
US: American football
Canada: American and Canadian football
Australia: Australian Rules football, rugby league
New Zealand: Rugby union
South Africa: Either association football (soccer's more common) or rugby

All "football" really means in English is a game that involves kicking a ball at some point, derived from the same historical source, played under different codes of rules.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Rooting for Denmark too. Can't fucking stand Ronaldo and his bitch monkey face.

monkey.jpg

I'm rooting for Denmark as well, but I have a feeling they're going to lose against Portugal. :}