IOU Ni

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    do you have one?
    Yup. Sony PRS 500.
    do you like it?
    Absolutely love it.
    do you use it?
    Virtually every day.
    how do you think yours could be improved?
    Page turning isn't really that fast with e-ink readers (though I would never want to change it for an LCD display), and pictures / PDF files take even longer, but I think newer e-ink readers have made improvements here. A slightly larger display (mine is 6") would also be nice, plus the buttons for turning pages could be larger / require less pressure.
    what's your type?
    INTP.
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

-τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I have a Nook that I use at least weekly. I love it because I can store several books on it rather than having to haul several around. I like being able to change the font size and highlight text and bookmark pages. I get most of my ebooks from the library since they are free. I wish the library had more available.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

NPcomplete

Do you have one?
    I've got a 3rd generation Kindle.

Do you like it?
    I adore it.

Do you use it?
    Every day. We almost always go on fantastic voyages through time and space. Yes, it's like having a pocket TARDIS all to myself.

How do you think yours could be improved?
    I wish pdfs were more readable on it. I don't really like to zoom in and out of pages as I often lose track of where I am on the page. (The Kindle DX is probably more pdf-friendly though.) It also takes longer to turn the pages of pdfs - perhaps only a mere more nanoseconds but I'm impatient when I'm in a story!

Maybe a better handle of comic books would have been nice too. Oh and more file types.

There are probably more improvements but they don't come to mind right now.

What's your type?
    INFP *hugs Kindle in true NF fashion*

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I have a kindle fire and I like it. I didn't know I could check out books from the library tho!! That's awesome!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

garbage

Not an e-reader, but I use an HP Touchpad tablet hacked to run Android, as well as my good ol' Android phone. They're linked up to my Amazon Kindle account.

It's damn convenient to be able to read on a tablet, let it automatically save my place, and pick it back up on the phone.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Or you could go colonial and have someone read your webpages to you
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

i have a "kobo touch", since a week or so.

the touchscreen (using infrared, so no actual pressure is involved) can be pretty unresponsive for some operations like text selection and it can apparently be influenced by bright sunlight/shadow (?) but paging works flawless.
    paging could be slightly faster though. it's fast enough for reading, but bad for searching something.

kobo supports many formats (epub, pdf, text, cbr, others ....)

features are rather basic. for instance you can't export text selections, which makes the feature rather useless.
    on the other hand, the firmware is in slow but steady developement.

i have been reading a lot more, since i have this device. turns out i don't generally dislike reading, i am just moody about what i want to read at any given time. so carrying 20 books around with me solves this problem, granted i find enough interesting books for different subjects (like satsang, philosophy, nutrition, literature). piracy of ebooks is a must for me. i can't afford to buy books out of curiosity. i only ever buy the books that are supposed to change my life. but those are also the difficult ones, that i can't get myself to read for hours at a time. so even if i could carry around all my 20 bought lifechanging books of the next 10 years (not that i know them yet), i still wouldn't have something for every given mood and then i would fall back into my old habit of forgetting about reading alltogether, for many weeks.

availability of books is a big issue though, especially in my own language (although i can read english fluently).

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Anything that an outside entity can reach into to remove (or add) material without my consent is definitely not for me, so no, I do not have an ereader, nor do I plan to get one. I do read books and other materials in pdf format on my netbook. It's bigger than an ereader to be sure, but has a full-fledged office suite plus other useful programs, so I can take everything I need while travelling in one device.

Also this:

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    I hated how you have to turn the pages forward or backward one at a time. You can't flip back easily if you're trying to recall something from earlier, you can't flip forward easily if you're curious about something or want to see how many pages are remaining in a chapter or section. Also, you can't mark pages or bend over a corner to keep track of a certain passage. It just didn't work well with the way I read.
    though I would be willing to forgo these aspects of paper books to save paper, and to be able to take more reading material with me in a smaller form. I already have resigned myself to reading most technical literature in pdf format, just to avoid having to print it.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Insert witty line here... Ponyboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I have a Kindle Touch and loooooove it!
    Use it everyday.
    WTH isn't To Kill A Mockingbird available?? That's like the best book EVER!!
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Vizconde View Post
    One of the thinks I recently have done for the first time was check out library books with it. After I got to the libraries web page on how to do it, it was a snap, and will be easily repeatable. I think I will be checking out library ebooks although I am not sure if I need to return them after a period of time and face late fees or if they automatically stop working...
    The first time you plug in to sync/charge after its due date it will automatically expire. But you do have to delete it from your computer otherwise it will continue to show up as expired though you won't be able to read it anymore since it is actually gone. I have been able to read books after their official expiration (just because I hadn't plugged in the USB) and haven't heard from the library about any late fees.
    I'm never wrong, I'm just sometimes less right

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    I have a kindle fire and I like it. I didn't know I could check out books from the library tho!! That's awesome!
    Here too.

http://ereaderlove.com/
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.