• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

'Choose Your Own Adventure' books back in the news...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One of the things about CYOA type books were that often the results (especially the result of death) was rather arbitrary. Adding to the perplexities of preteen/teen angst.

"You are in a hallway there are two doors.

The door on the right has a blue diamond shape over the top, the door on the left has a green crescent.

Which door do you choose?

If you choose the right door (blue diamond) turn to page 66

If you choose the left door (green crescent) turn to page 198

If you decide to wait in the hallway for your recently lost blink lynx, turn to page 99."

(after a moments thought with no clues noted as to which symbol to choose you take a guess of the left door and turn to page 198)

1232618462i1MPnu.jpg

"You enter the door with the green crescent and it immediately shuts behind you locked. Suddenly an interdementional nightmare hound jumps at your throat, clenching your throat until all oxygen is cut off and what was once your life...fades all around you.

Your adventure is now over."

dare I say it, that such a happenstance is simply a preparation for real life? :rofl1:

"On your way to work, driving safely within the speed limit, using your turn signals, in a vehicle with all legal protection devices and completely up to code, a dump truck runs through the railing of the highway above you and crashes atop your car. You immediately die... you and the 15 people driving near you. Your life is over. Hope your family had funeral insurance."

or

"after keeping your weight within healthy limits, eating healthily, exercising daily, avoiding red meat, and drinking alcohol sparingly, a weak blood vessel you knew nothing about explodes in your head, killing you instantly.Thanks for playing."

or

"After living a good life, helping your fellow man, sacrificing for those you love, and being an epitome of goodness, beloved by everyone who knew you, despite your best efforts to find the truth and follow it, you die and find that you are burning in hell because you didn't happen to hold the right beliefs. Nice try. Too bad reincarnation is not real and there will be no end to your torment. But at least you'll have good company, being near Ghandi and Mother Teresa in the Eternal Fire."

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
dare I say it, that such a happenstance is simply a preparation for real life? :rofl1:

"On your way to work, driving safely within the speed limit, using your turn signals, in a vehicle with all legal protection devices and completely up to code, a dump truck runs through the railing of the highway above you and crashes atop your car. You immediately die... you and the 15 people driving near you. Your life is over. Hope your family had funeral insurance."

or

"after keeping your weight within healthy limits, eating healthily, exercising daily, avoiding red meat, and drinking alcohol sparingly, a weak blood vessel you knew nothing about explodes in your head, killing you instantly.Thanks for playing."

or

"After living a good life, helping your fellow man, sacrificing for those you love, and being an epitome of goodness, beloved by everyone who knew you, despite your best efforts to find the truth and follow it, you die and find that you are burning in hell because you didn't happen to hold the right beliefs. Nice try. Too bad reincarnation is not real and there will be no end to your torment. But at least you'll have good company, being near Ghandi and Mother Teresa in the Eternal Fire."

Lol, reminds me of the mythical “lost chapters” of Chose your own Adventure

"...turn to page 173 if you choose to keep it real....."Unfortunately this is one of those instances where keeping it real goes wrong. You tell your boss and landlady what you "really think" of them and how things really should be run from now on.

However instead of admiring your boldness, eloquence and initiative, you instead get fired and are immediately thrown out on the street from your flat

As you drag your luggage tears blur your vision as you cross the crosswalk and a dump truck suddenly runs you over sending you into shock and cardiac arrest.

Your adventure is now over."

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Although I've never read these books (before my time, I guess), I'm currently playing a visual novel - a genre which is pretty similar in structure! :)

aeHr5.png