User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Max Payne 3

Default Max Payne 3

I'm loving how cinematic it is. More like an interactive movie than a video game. I wish I had a bigger sense of freedom given that the setting is so cool, but the story and graphics make up for that loss. I feel like you just have to change your expectations and treat it less like a game and more like a...well, interactive movie.

Anybody else want to weigh in?

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

PC version isn't out for another two weeks, but I might get this one on a steam sale.

I've been interested in it, because the first Max Payne was wonderful both in gameplay and in story presentation, with very good writing and if there's anyone who can really push that forward seamlessly it's Rockstar. I'm curious if the comic-noir feeling is amplified and maintained or if they've gone in a new creative direction. If the only "Max Payne" element to the game is the character name and bullet time, I don't know if it will really feel like Max Payne.

I've avoided reviews so I don't know what critics are saying. But if it's as close to being as good as Red Dead Redemption that's superb on Rockstar for revitalizing the franchise.

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I didn't know this was already out for consoles.

That seems somewhat scandalous to me. Max Payne is a PC series.

I'm a jealous lover.
    I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    PC version isn't out for another two weeks, but I might get this one on a steam sale.

I've been interested in it, because the first Max Payne was wonderful both in gameplay and in story presentation, with very good writing and if there's anyone who can really push that forward seamlessly it's Rockstar. I'm curious if the comic-noir feeling is amplified and maintained or if they've gone in a new creative direction. If the only "Max Payne" element to the game is the character name and bullet time, I don't know if it will really feel like Max Payne.

I've avoided reviews so I don't know what critics are saying. But if it's as close to being as good as Red Dead Redemption that's superb on Rockstar for revitalizing the franchise.
    [YOUTUBE="rqjOXR9QnMo"].[/YOUTUBE]

The physics/graphics look amazing. I really want to play this now.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

I did not anticipate the third installment to Max Payne at all. Would've felt much better if they'd stopped at Max Payne 2 because I was getting tired of it but looking at how they'd delivered a whole new perspective to him in 3 with his new ragged look has me clung up with mixed reactions.

I'm nearly 26 years old and have not been satisfied as a young adult by any of the gaming titles on release in the past four years. They're wasting my time. Awesome graphics don't quite do for me if the gameplay fails to live up to my degree of genuineness.

I think I might buy Max Payne 3 because in the memory of following through the storyline in the first and second one to which I spent much emotion.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nancynobullets View Post
    I didn't know this was already out for consoles.

That seems somewhat scandalous to me. Max Payne is a PC series.

I'm a jealous lover.
    Let the peasants have their fun, they'll be back to groveling in the dirt in no time.

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

I'm assuming the new one is superior to Part II.
    Because the last one nearly turned me off from the series altogether.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

NVM...double post.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I didn't care for the first Max Payne as a video game, but I loved its cinematic potential. I thought it could've actually made a great movie, but it wasn't, aside from good casting of Mark Wahlberg as the titular character and the aesthetic that stayed true to the game. But the rest of it was crap.