User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Max Payne 3

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I didn't play Max Payne 1, didn't like much playing Max Payne 2 and didn't finish it, but I would like to play Max Payne 3 just because the story happens in my city.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Elfa View Post
    I didn't play Max Payne 1, didn't like much playing Max Payne 2 and didn't finish it, but I would like to play Max Payne 3 just because the story happens in my city.
    Sao Paulo?

That's fun. Never had a video game set in a city I lived in, but I like when movies are filmed in or nearby a city I've lived in.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Yeah, São Paulo!

I just hope the game includes some nice places of this city, like the old downtown (at day, because the night isn't very nice...) and Paulista Avenue. But what I see in the trailers is that the story happens mostly in shanty towns and in buildings - which is a little sad, because the players won't see the city's beauty, and I won't see places I know. But it's interesting, because then we can see a little of the disturbing social unequality we've got here, with great buildings, and very rich and very poor people living very close. And the violence. :/

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Elfa View Post
    Yeah, São Paulo!

I just hope the game includes some nice places of this city, like the old downtown (at day, because the night isn't very nice...) and Paulista Avenue. But what I see in the trailers is that the story happens mostly in shanty towns and in buildings - which is a little sad, because the players won't see the city's beauty, and I won't see places I know. But it's interesting, because then we can see a little of the disturbing social unequality we've got here, with great buildings, and very rich and very poor people living very close. And the violence. :/
    Is crime and violence really bad there as compared to a major U.S. city do you know? Excuse my ignorant American self for not knowing :P

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I picked the game up (first game I've bought in a long while) right before I ended up in the hospital.

Looking forward to finishing it when I get home (which should be tomorrow depending on the levels of CPK in my bloodstream).

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I picked the game up (first game I've bought in a long while) right before I ended up in the hospital.

Looking forward to finishing it when I get home (which should be tomorrow depending on the levels of CPK in my bloodstream).
    What happened?

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    What happened?
    Blew out my left quadricep horsing around in a pool with a buddy of mine after an afternoon of surfing.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Max payne 1 was a true masterpiece. Ahead of its time, classic.

I'm not the least interested in getting MP3 though. I have a feeling it will let me down like it did with MP2. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    Is crime and violence really bad there as compared to a major U.S. city do you know? Excuse my ignorant American self for not knowing :P
    I didn't know how to answer and got curious, so I made a little google research. I found that there are even brazillian cities with more violence than São Paulo, which made me surprised. (I'm not proud of my ignorance about this either. xD)
    Here are the 50 most violent cities in the world:
    http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...opic_id=303432

Brazil has many dangerous cities, like Maceió, Belém and Vitória, but none of these cities, nor any of the list, are in the state of São Paulo (there is also São Paulo city).
    And there are dangerous U.S. cities, like New Orleans, Detroit and St. Louis, while São Paulo is not in the list.
    So I guess that Brazil is, in general, more violent than the U.S., but not particularly São Paulo. Still, I think São Paulo is worse than New York in that subject.

Nice, I'm learning new things each day. xD