User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Default Diablo 3 beta and release

Just to inform you guys. You just need a battle.net account and a gametag (in your battle.net account)
    You can download the beta and play freely until the end of the week end.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4105...nd_-20_04_2012
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Permabanned

Played it today, it's pretty much like diablo 2 so far. It's also really easy got to level 5 in 20 minutes. The graphics also look horrid I hope that it's because it's an open beta.

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Played it today, it's pretty much like diablo 2 so far. It's also really easy got to level 5 in 20 minutes. The graphics also look horrid I hope that it's because it's an open beta.
    Nah I expect this is as good as they will get.

I dont agree with you though. They aren't amazing, maybe not even good, but they arent "bad" either. They are fairly basic as blizzard want the game to be able to run on low-end systems. Im cool with it.

Also, keep in mind how many enemies, friendlies, special effects etc will be on screen at a time in a full game.
    I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Nancynobullets View Post
    Nah I expect this is as good as they will get.

I dont agree with you though. They aren't amazing, maybe not even good, but they arent "bad" either. They are fairly basic as blizzard want the game to be able to run on low-end systems. Im cool with it.

Also, keep in mind how many enemies, friendlies, special effects etc will be on screen at a time in a full game.
    The graphics look outdated by 8-10 years I expected it to be at least on par with sc2.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

The appearance didn't bother me, but it very much feels like playing the original Diablos, in terms of graphics and play, etc, although maybe with more options in the environment.

It was a fun diversion for a few hours this week. The barbarian was a badass -- I was mowing down baddies by what seemed to be the hundreds, wielding two blades at once.

Not sure how interactivity with other players would work, didn't try anything like that.

I got bored and started playing free WoW eventually, since it's hooked into Battlenet now. Just doing the trial run, although I had an active account for two years. I really don't want to start paying a monthly fee for it again, but it was kind of nostalgic to walk through the world again and interesting to see all the changes they added to help n00bs. For me personally, even in real life, I like to get out in the wilderness and wander around and explore, and a lot of the game can feel that way as well, which I like. Even if the stylized graphics are kind of getting outdated as well again.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

the graphics arent any more oudated than wow's were when it came out.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    the graphics arent any more oudated than wow's were when it came out.
    my feeling, too, is that if a game is really good, then graphics won't necessary distract from it (unless they're really godawful).

like I said, I had fun playing both, even if they aren't the most current thing out right now. It's not like I won't go back and play Tomb Raider or SWKOTOR 1&2 just because they're a few years old, graphics-wise. Good games last.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

played it through with all characters(didnt level 13 tho), too bad the beta is so short.

demon hunter > all, tho monk comes close.

i like the graphics a lot. yes it has quite simple graphics, but the simplicity adds to playability.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Dunno why the video got so dark and why mediacoder was unable to save the increase brightness settings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK2oXG8Sr08
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

So will you guys be up for some D3 typoc jolly co-operation once the game comes out?

Cry aye if you are up for it!

One thing that most strikes me when playing the beta is how easy the game is. I know that this is just normal mode, and that there are many additional, harder, modes to choose from. But I hear that in order to unlock the next hardest mode the player has to first complete the game on normal. Thats less than cool.
    I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump