• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Diablo 3 beta and release

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No, no, no no no no.

At level 60, Barbarians are the saddest class right now. All the Barbarians are re-rolling ranged classes. If you have ANY intention of playing seriously at level 60 and trying to make it through Inferno, you straight up can't do it on a Barb unless you get people to carry you. Demon Hunters and Wizards are the ones who are beasting Inferno right now.

One of the guys I game with daily rolled Barb, and he's ended up having to spec to be a support class in order to have ANY hope of doing inferno. He has to use throwing knives, and that seismic wave.... Because he CAN'T get into melee range or he dies. The comp we're running with right now is: A wizard puts a blizzard down and slows all the mobs, while the Barb spams Seismic wave to knock them back into the blizzard repeatedly, while I (the Demon Hunter) unleash the DPS and try to down them before the Barb runs out of fury. And he can't regen fury because he can't get in melee range to hit them.

Frankly, I'm having a much easier time in Inferno when I run double-DH. But I feel bad for my Barb buddy, so I'm trying to help carry him.

Barbs are absolutely the worst class at 60 right now. By a mile.

sadface. I'm hoping monks fare a little better since we're a little more agile, despite also being in melee range? Hell is fine so far but I'm a little afraid of inferno.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I only had a tiny bit of play time with Diablo 2 a while back and I don't play these kinds of games in general so I'm a n00b myself.

let me break my phone contract and figure out how much that's going to cost me, before i decide to buy diablo 3 because i might not have money to buy it.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm finding it more fun to solo so far. That may change as I get further into hell though (had the most frustrating night ever after sloooowly grinding the butcher down because I have crappy dps right now, I died to him pulling me into the fire when he had no visible health bar left. gaaaah.)

well its a personal preference(i find soloing quite boring, since its lacking all the team tactics), but maybe if you dont have friends who you can play well in team might make co-op not so fun. i wouldnt want to play with some rand newbs(to diablo series) either, its pretty frustrating when someone dont understand what sort of role their character is supposed to have in team or do some stupid decisions for team constantly.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
sadface. I'm hoping monks fare a little better since we're a little more agile, despite also being in melee range? Hell is fine so far but I'm a little afraid of inferno.

Monks auras are super nice. Melee in general are having a harder time than ranged, though.

Keep in mind, this may be adjusted. Blizzard expected it to take MONTHS for the first person to beat Inferno, and it happened in a week. Some of the Wizard/DH skills have been changed already to make us less powerful.

With Wizards, what was going on is... They had a skill (Energy armor with Force rune) that made it so that they COULDN'T get hit for more than 35% of their life. Ever. So they got rid of all of their vitality so that they only had 7k life, and they stacked "Health per second" regen. If you stacked enough to get 2,500 health per sec.... You were invincible. Because you won't get hit for more than 2450 at a time, and you regen to full health before you get hit again. So wizards were essentially invincible. This has been nerfed so that it can't be done anymore.

With Demon Hunters (my class)... We have a skill called Smoke Screen that makes us invulnerable for 3 seconds (with rune). If you got a +Discipline item, you could chain 3 of these in a row (so 9 seconds of invulnerability). THEN we have a skill called "Preparation" that refreshes all of our discipline... So we got 3 more smoke screens. So 18 seconds of Invulnerability. AND, Prep can 'proc' so that it's cooldown isn't used... So we could, if we were lucky... Use prep again for 27 seconds of invulnerability. Rarely, I even got a 2nd proc for 36 seconds of invuln. Which means we could stand still and just turret fire for 27-36 seconds without moving. There isn't a whole hell of a lot that can live through 27 seconds of a Demon Hunter firing at full steam.

They nerfed that, too.... Though, even though it's harder, I can still make it to Act III Inferno alone.

My guess is that they're going to keep making these kind of adjustments so that ranged are worse at inferno, and melee are better to try to even it up. Theyre doing a lot of balancing.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
No, no, no no no no.

At level 60, Barbarians are the saddest class right now. All the Barbarians are re-rolling ranged classes. If you have ANY intention of playing seriously at level 60 and trying to make it through Inferno, you straight up can't do it on a Barb unless you get people to carry you. Demon Hunters and Wizards are the ones who are beasting Inferno right now.

One of the guys I game with daily rolled Barb, and he's ended up having to spec to be a support class in order to have ANY hope of doing inferno. He has to use throwing knives, and that seismic wave.... Because he CAN'T get into melee range or he dies. The comp we're running with right now is: A wizard puts a blizzard down and slows all the mobs, while the Barb spams Seismic wave to knock them back into the blizzard repeatedly, while I (the Demon Hunter) unleash the DPS and try to down them before the Barb runs out of fury. And he can't regen fury because he can't get in melee range to hit them.

Frankly, I'm having a much easier time in Inferno when I run double-DH. But I feel bad for my Barb buddy, so I'm trying to help carry him.

Barbs are absolutely the worst class at 60 right now. By a mile.

what stats your dh has?

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
No, no, no no no no...
Well, since I'm not 60 then your stuff about Inferno doesn't really apply to me. I'll eventually get all of the characters through Inferno, anyway. I don't see a need to rush one through it.

Inferno was beaten in a week because some people exploited a bug with resurrection.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I pull 40,000 DPS right now. It's getting pretty respectable. I have a DH buddy who is up to 60,000 DPS, and I'm trying to catch him.

damn, i only got 16.5k atm, but the only thing i have bought for my dh after 60lvl is bow, so i got a lot to improve on it.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I pull 40,000 DPS right now. It's getting pretty respectable. I have a DH buddy who is up to 60,000 DPS, and I'm trying to catch him.

Is that the Damage value on your character screen? Mine's only around 13k, 40k must be insane.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
Well, I'm obviously way, way, behind you folks, but after putting together a new PC I bought a copy and started playing a bit last night... my little monk hit level 10 today :p.

So far, it seems pretty fun, although the writing is not up to BioWare standards, the gameplay is probably better. But the clicking is starting to do a real number on my fingers and wrist!

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Just started Act 4, and I'm a level 30.

Well, I'm obviously way, way, behind you folks, but after putting together a new PC I bought a copy and started playing a bit last night... my little monk hit level 10 today :p.

So far, it seems pretty fun, although the writing is not up to BioWare standards, the gameplay is probably better. But the clicking is starting to do a real number on my fingers and wrist!
I agree, the story writing isn't amazing. Especially considering the amount of time they've had/spent working on this title... Oh well, still a fun time!

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Well, since I'm not 60 then your stuff about Inferno doesn't really apply to me. I'll eventually get all of the characters through Inferno, anyway. I don't see a need to rush one through it.

Sorry, I thought you were more 'deciding' which class to level. I more run with the attitude that "the game doesn't really begin until 60", as do my friends. So I suppose I tend to project that onto others.

Inferno is still beatable without bugs. Its not hard enough, and certainly not hard enough that Blizzard should expect it to take months.

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hey, if anyone wants some company feel free to add me, battletag is: Jhoelapeno#1288

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Is that the Damage value on your character screen? Mine's only around 13k, 40k must be insane.

Yeah. I got it up to almost 50k today.

I've been farming Act IV Inferno. Cydea (the spider bitch) is fucking hard as shit, so I start at the checkpoint after her. I run backwards through the instance to the hallways before her.... And I kill enough packs of champions/elites to get a 5 stack of Nephalem Valor (It's a buff you get at 60 that increases your Magic Find). I then run back down and kill Azmodan. (He's the boss that launches fireballs and puts circles of red shit on the ground.) He's easy because his attacks are so slow that we can just dodge and weave. With ~200% Magic Find he drops a good bit of loot every time. 2-3 yellows usually.

Most of the gear is sell-able for a decent amount. And of course, some are upgrades. I've saved up 5mil at this point.

Ypuk2.jpg

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Sorry, I thought you were more 'deciding' which class to level. I more run with the attitude that "the game doesn't really begin until 60", as do my friends. So I suppose I tend to project that onto others.
That's one of the symptoms of WoW/EQ-style raiding that I never liked. Thankfully, games like Guild Wars 2 are coming out that will hopefully change what I consider to be bad game design.

Inferno is still beatable without bugs. Its not hard enough, and certainly not hard enough that Blizzard should expect it to take months.
I've never seen any Blizzard announcement that Inferno would take months to beat. I did see someone say they thought it would take a week (rather than the 4 days it took due to the resurrection bug).

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx

ah lol this dps is with sharpshooter, crit chance per second from it raises your dps to heavens after chance gets high enough, but it goes down after you shoot, since that dps counts crit chance to it. i was wondering how you get so high dps. your real dps is like 27-30k?