• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Diablo 3 beta and release

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
recorded act3 hell a bit for funs

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I've completely 180'd on the importance of the blacksmith: he's useless while leveling up. Salvaging is nonsense, you're better off vendoring or AHing the good stuff for cash and taking your money to the AH to buy an item with stats you actually want rather than spend materials and gold for a rare wand that ends up having strength and dexterity on it :wacko: . Once you get some plans for the legendaries I can see it being worthwile as a max level gold sink though. Same with the jeweler. It costs you more to combine the gems than it does to buy them AH.

Other than that, still having a blast. Just got to Act II Nightmare, level 39. Looking to try some different builds soon when I unlock the rest of the runes/passives, but so far Arcane Orb spam is better than pretty much everything else with the Wizard.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Inferno is ridiculous. I'm almost done with Act II, but it is a painful, painful process full of repair bills. Supposedly the only people to beat Inferno so far invis'd their way through the maps and didn't actually fight most of it. I refuse. EVERYTHING IN INFERNO SHALL DIE.

I think I'm going to have to farm Act I Inferno for a bit to try to up my gear.

[MENTION=5639]JocktheMotie[/MENTION] I'm not sold on the blacksmith, either. It seems at 60 it's worth it to make the gear over and over until you get one that is itemized well for you. You can get some really nice stuff. But before that it seems a waste.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Done nightmare, still loving my monk. Time to stop procrastinating on real work though. :( :( :(

monk-3.jpg

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
WoW, this game is addictive!

i'm still stuck on DotA II.
and i'm more than a little pissed that the queue quality dropped so dramatically on Diablo III release day.
still hasn't recovered.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
yay got my dh to 60lvl and inferno today

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Does anyone know what the ideal follower would be for someone playing with the Monk? Scoundrel?

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Does anyone know what the ideal follower would be for someone playing with the Monk? Scoundrel?

I have been playing with a templar just to take some of the heat off me and some of his heals have come at extremely helpful times, but haven't tried the other 2 at all so I'm not sure. I get the impression scoundrel's like a melee dps vs the enchantress ranged dps and the templar's tank (?).

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I have been playing with a templar just to take some of the heat off me and some of his heals have come at extremely helpful times, but haven't tried the other 2 at all so I'm not sure. I get the impression scoundrel's like a melee dps vs the enchantress ranged dps and the templar's tank (?).

Sounds about right for the description of the characters. I have been using the Templar too. I guess I'll just stick with it.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
When i play my DH I use Templar for tankiness. I would think for Monk, though, Enchantress would be the best. I think she's the highest DPS, and as a monk you should be able to tank things. So just use her to kill them.

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
When i play my DH I use Templar for tankiness. I would think for Monk, though, Enchantress would be the best. I think she's the highest DPS, and as a monk you should be able to tank things. So just use her to kill them.

Yeah, my follower is the Enchantress because my monk can tank most anything. Well anything but Belial :D Died for the first time in the game before completing Act II in Normal.
Just give your Enchantress a wand preferably with cold or poison and let her blast things from far away

Edit : I also find the Enchantress's dialogue with my char funnier than the Templar or Scoundrel who are both really angsty :D

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
friends > followers

I'm finding it more fun to solo so far. That may change as I get further into hell though (had the most frustrating night ever after sloooowly grinding the butcher down because I have crappy dps right now, I died to him pulling me into the fire when he had no visible health bar left. gaaaah.)

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Co-op is nice, but the game moves so quickly that it's difficult to really get to know my characters unless I'm playing solo.

So far the barbarian feels like the strongest class, by a mile. The wizard feels like the weakest. I've played all 5 classes through normal and 3 of them halfway through nightmare.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
So far the barbarian feels like the strongest class, by a mile. The wizard feels like the weakest. I've played all 5 classes through normal and 3 of them halfway through nightmare.

No, no, no no no no.

At level 60, Barbarians are the saddest class right now. All the Barbarians are re-rolling ranged classes. If you have ANY intention of playing seriously at level 60 and trying to make it through Inferno, you straight up can't do it on a Barb unless you get people to carry you. Demon Hunters and Wizards are the ones who are beasting Inferno right now.

One of the guys I game with daily rolled Barb, and he's ended up having to spec to be a support class in order to have ANY hope of doing inferno. He has to use throwing knives, and that seismic wave.... Because he CAN'T get into melee range or he dies. The comp we're running with right now is: A wizard puts a blizzard down and slows all the mobs, while the Barb spams Seismic wave to knock them back into the blizzard repeatedly, while I (the Demon Hunter) unleash the DPS and try to down them before the Barb runs out of fury. And he can't regen fury because he can't get in melee range to hit them.

Frankly, I'm having a much easier time in Inferno when I run double-DH. But I feel bad for my Barb buddy, so I'm trying to help carry him.

Barbs are absolutely the worst class at 60 right now. By a mile.