• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Diablo 3 beta and release

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
installing now :happy2:

edit: well shit. queued order = lame. I have a physical CD (not mine) and also bought the game online, but they apparently still have to go through the orders manually? lame ass shit.

They just took down the servers for emergency maintenance.

They're down until "15:30 PDT". So you've got an hour to kill anyway.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ah damn, good to know. I hope they get around to it soon. I understand why they would limit downloads, but I don't see why it's so difficult to give out a CD key after taking my money.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
ah damn, good to know. I hope they get around to it soon. I understand why they would limit downloads, but I don't see why it's so difficult to give out a CD key after taking my money.

CD key for the digital download? I never got one and I've been playing today. It just authenticates your purchase through battle.net. No key needed.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
CD key for the digital download? I never got one and I've been playing today. It just authenticates your purchase through battle.net. No key needed.

well, it won't let me in to anything and my order says queued. it asks for a cd key when I try to get in. google tells me that this has happened to many people and has not been resolved quickly. :cry:

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
well, it won't let me in to anything and my order says queued. it asks for a cd key when I try to get in. google tells me that this has happened to many people and has not been resolved quickly. :cry:
Ahh weird. In that case, I have no idea.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
it seems like someone on their end has to like...manually process orders. how stupid is that? I'm hoping it'll process relatively quickly but I'm not holding my breath.

I do have a guest pass I can try out when the servers reopen (if I'm still queued) but I hope that doesn't fuck with my purchased game since I'm doing it backwards-like.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
installing now :happy2:

edit: well shit. queued order = lame. I have a physical CD (not mine) and also bought the game online, but they apparently still have to go through the orders manually? lame ass shit.

Hah, if their servers are down I'm sure their CD Key authentication servers are down as well, so they can't process any of those keys with your Bnet account. If only they had years of experience managing an online service of millions of players, I'm sure they would have done better :D

I love my mac, but for gaming I guess I hate it. This is really the first game I've run on it.

Yeah, I'd never attempt to run a game on mine outside of curiosity. I like mine because I can't use a laptop without a magic trackpad and mission control anymore, and because the body is always cold when I put it against my face.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Yeah, I'd never attempt to run a game on mine outside of curiosity. I like mine because I can't use a laptop without a magic trackpad and mission control anymore, and because the body is always cold when I put it against my face.
I figured the Mac would run games well, just knowing that the variety of games were limited. Oh well... Yes, the MacBook works well as an ice cube.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Level 38 now, and I haven't slept yet. Only breaks when the server went down. :wacko:

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hah, if their servers are down I'm sure their CD Key authentication servers are down as well, so they can't process any of those keys with your Bnet account. If only they had years of experience managing an online service of millions of players, I'm sure they would have done better :D
Good call! It was fine as soon as the servers went back up. They must've just gone down when I first tried.

I wish I didn't have to sleep now. I'm liking it! :) Went with the monk to start and it's pretty cool so far - I'll probably try sorc when levelling gets boring.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
oh and also to my relief it played perfectly on my >5 year old desktop (video card gave me a warning when I installed) with setting on medium-low. I'll try turning some of the settings up tomorrow and see if that makes it sluggish. Will have to see if it can manage multiplayer, though - for now I'm going to play through normal solo, at least until I get bored.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Sorry guys. There's a mod bug that randomly locks threads sometimes when we post. Im not sure if it was Random or I that triggered it, but sorry about that.

Also, Random... I solo'd Act II to halfway through Act IV on normal. (The group I was running with originally pussed out and went to bed early.) I was able to solo almost the entirety of it, but then I ran into a boss that I got one-shot by. If you're a tankier class you should be able to do it, but Demon Hunter just gets stomped. I couldn't do it.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
oh and also to my relief it played perfectly on my >5 year old desktop (video card gave me a warning when I installed) with setting on medium-low. I'll try turning some of the settings up tomorrow and see if that makes it sluggish. Will have to see if it can manage multiplayer, though - for now I'm going to play through normal solo, at least until I get bored.

I just disabled shadows and then turned some of my setting back up to max, and its been playing well. I think "shadows" is the main resources hog.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Sadly I didn't get to play too much before getting kicked again. Only level 10 with my Wizard and juuuuuuuuust got past the parts we were allowed to play in beta.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sorry guys. There's a mod bug that randomly locks threads sometimes when we post. Im not sure if it was Random or I that triggered it, but sorry about that.

Also, Random... I solo'd Act II to halfway through Act IV on normal. (The group I was running with originally pussed out and went to bed early.) I was able to solo almost the entirety of it, but then I ran into a boss that I got one-shot by. If you're a tankier class you should be able to do it, but Demon Hunter just gets stomped. I couldn't do it.

Does it tell you what act you're in? I just killed the butcher guy last night before bed, I'm guessing that's not very far in since I'm only about level 15.

and oops. I wish it gave a message when it did that! I only ever look at new threads so locked = nothing new = I see nothing. :(

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
A sign of the instant gratification crowd?

When I went to pick up my pre-ordered copy, the guy in front of me also bought the last copy of the Strategy Guide :D

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I expect to keep playing solo for at least a few days but if anyone wants company (uh...ingame ;) ) in the evenings EST you can add me - msg for my tag. :)

edit: also changed thread title to better reflect current conversation.