• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Diablo 3 beta and release

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Yeah. I didn't mean to sound like that wasn't worthwhile in itself, at times; sometimes I just want to float around and respond to things in that kind of manner. I usually play mix of games / do a mix of things.
:cry: and my inner child wasn't deeply saddened and hurt by what you said!

:coffee:

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks for the offer Jock, but I'm saving myself for the whole thing.

Also I don't generally appreciate that sort of "hardcore" difficulty. It adds tension to the game but I know what will happen. Ill eventually get bored chopping through demons like wet noodles, lose attention, and then die for a silly reason and lose my character. Not my sort of difficulty at all!

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Thanks for the offer Jock, but I'm saving myself for the whole thing.

Also I don't generally appreciate that sort of "hardcore" difficulty. It adds tension to the game but I know what will happen. Ill eventually get bored chopping through demons like wet noodles, lose attention, and then die for a silly reason and lose my character. Not my sort of difficulty at all!
yeah hardcore is fun but after you ve spent tens of hours in a character having it killed by a glorified lag isnt exactly pleasant. I was PKed by some jerk(s) in D2. The issue is while I like the challenge I do not have the time to spend 30 hours making up for a lapse in attention and will more than probably just stop playing altogether if my character succumbs. (which can, btw, also be an interesting way to stop playing a game)

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I created a Hardcore Wizard, where character death is permanent and it was far more fun.

The Battlenet is confusing though. I wanted to add people and I had no idea how to do it, as my character names, email account name, and "Battle net name" are all different. So I basically just joined public matches.

I should still have access to the beta as I had it before the open weekend so if anyone still wants to play I'm up for it.

I prefer Hardcore mode, as well.

The BattleTags arent unique, so you need to add people with the 4 digit number that comes with it. So your ID is something like JockTheMotie#2345. Its dumb. You can see your 4 digit number when you click the 'add friend' button. You can still add people with the RealID email. The difference is that adding them with a BattleTag won't show them your first/last name.

Character names seem to mean a whole lot of jack shit. So... Doesn't matter.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I wouldn't say that. I'm happy with D3.

The only thing that I think has gone downhill is WoW. I got into the Mists of Pandaria beta, as well... And just. Meh. I feel like WoW is just a cow they're milking for all it's worth now. It wont be as good as it used to be. But other than that, I'm pleased with the games they've released.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Starcraft 2 was garbage. I'm underwhelmed by Diablo 3 so far.

Blizzard is too big now. Their decisions are now dominated by shareholder interests rather than game designer interests. I guess you could say they're a victim of their own success.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I can run diablo 3 on my 5770 at 1920x1080 on max settings, that's just sad my card is already over 2 years old and was a mid range card when it came out. It is also a 128 bit card so it under performs at high resolutions but not with the diablo 3. The graphics are outdated.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Starcraft 2 was garbage. I'm underwhelmed by Diablo 3 so far.

Blizzard is too big now. Their decisions are now dominated by shareholder interests rather than game designer interests. I guess you could say they're a victim of their own success.

sc2 still has 2 more expansions to go.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
So verdict, how is the game? I haven't played the beta or anything. The full game releases in a few days.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
So verdict, how is the game? I haven't played the beta or anything. The full game releases in a few days.

The biggest complaints I have heard are 1) it was too easy, and 2) the graphics are unimpressive.

In response to 1, It was a beta... They only had "normal mode" available, which is the easiest mode. Normal, Nightmare, Hell, and Inferno are the difficulties. As expected, the greater difficulties reap greater rewards. I don't think anyone is going to be complaining about it being too easy when they try Inferno, yet those who wish to only play very casually won't find themselves overwhelmed if they want to play on normal.

2 is personal preference. I'm not a stickler for graphics, so I don't care. I understand that Blizzard wants to make the game playable on older machines in order to appeal to a wider demographic.

I loved the gameplay. I'm excited. I have purposely jacked up my sleep schedule so that I'm sleeping in the evening and waking up around ~2am, so that on Tuesday, I can wake up and pull a 48-hour energy-drink-infused gaming binge. One of the dudes I roll with is hell-bent on world first level 60, and also very interested on trying to make money in the real money auction house by acquiring high level items first. I'm interested to see how much it's possible to make.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
The biggest complaints I have heard are 1) it was too easy, and 2) the graphics are unimpressive.

In response to 1, It was a beta... They only had "normal mode" available, which is the easiest mode. Normal, Nightmare, Hell, and Inferno are the difficulties. As expected, the greater difficulties reap greater rewards. I don't think anyone is going to be complaining about it being too easy when they try Inferno, yet those who wish to only play very casually won't find themselves overwhelmed if they want to play on normal.

2 is personal preference. I'm not a stickler for graphics, so I don't care. I understand that Blizzard wants to make the game playable on older machines in order to appeal to a wider demographic.

I loved the gameplay. I'm excited. I have purposely jacked up my sleep schedule so that I'm sleeping in the evening and waking up around ~2am, so that on Tuesday, I can wake up and pull a 48-hour energy-drink-infused gaming binge. One of the dudes I roll with is hell-bent on world first level 60, and also very interested on trying to make money in the real money auction house by acquiring high level items first. I'm interested to see how much it's possible to make.
Nice, nice.

Have you decided on which class you're going to play with yet?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
As much as I said I wouldn't buy the game and just get Torchlight II instead, I have zero willpower and will most likely buy it anyways because I'll be bored. Oh wellz.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
So I only played D2 briefly. Are the Diablo games pretty in-depth and time consuming? A lot to do that gives the game good lasting value (like WoW, etc.) or does it go pretty quick?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Lots of lasting value and they tend to be pretty deep. Keep in mind to play the game, even in single player, you'll need to have active internet connection at all times.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Lots of lasting value and they tend to be pretty deep. Keep in mind to play the game, even in single player, you'll need to have active internet connection at all times.
Cool. Why does it require internet connection even on single player? Is it mainly to keep a real-time log of progress, stats, etc?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Also, is there really much of an advantage or disadvantage in getting the downloadable digital copy online vice picking up a hard copy at the store?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
9RKIN.jpg