• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Diablo 3 beta and release

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess

wMf0p.png

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Stop playing, patches!

Lvl 8 here.

How did you take a screen shot of your character? Maybe it lets you on windows, but it won't let me on Mac.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Every time I try to play, that's when Blizzard takes the servers down. I'm not exactly impressed with Blizzard's handling of this release.

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Me, too... I did some chores around the house, finished up a couple of posts here, sat down to play, and... servers down.

Blizzard isn't winning people over with this "must be connected to our servers even for single player" DRM approach. Then again, I did already fork over money for this game...

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Me, too... I did some chores around the house, finished up a couple of posts here, sat down to play, and... servers down.

Blizzard isn't winning people over with this "must be connected to our servers even for single player" DRM approach. Then again, I did already fork over money for this game...
This was Blizzard's last chance with me. Starcraft 2 sucked, WoW has turned to shit, and now the Diablo 3 release is a mess. I thought that with all of the experience they had keeping WoW up over the years they'd be doing a better job here. Boy was I wrong. The programmers who wrote the WoW network code probably left the company like every other good employee they've had over the last decade.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I don't care really. Obviously they're working to fix the kinks and in time it'll be fine.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I don't care really. Obviously they're working to fix the kinks and in time it'll be fine.
Well, I might be a little harsh in my judgment, but that's because I used to admire the company. Now I can't stand them. They might as well be owned by EA.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Woohoo

DiabloJeggings.jpg

[MENTION=266]Lateralus[/MENTION] and [MENTION=8074]Seymour[/MENTION], I think it sucks from an end user standpoint as well however I understand why they went with the always online route. One of D2's biggest issues was that multiplayer could sometimes just be a hack/bot fest that made for a shitty experience. With the always online thing, they have better control over their game's itemization and integrity and if they really wanted the Auction House system to be viable this is something they sort of had to do. Also, while I don't think I'll be using any of the real money features of the auction house I think it's an interesting new model for such a high profile release so I'm very intrigued how it plays out.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
[MENTION=266]Lateralus[/MENTION] and [MENTION=8074]Seymour[/MENTION], I think it sucks from an end user standpoint as well however I understand why they went with the always online route. One of D2's biggest issues was that multiplayer could sometimes just be a hack/bot fest that made for a shitty experience. With the always online thing, they have better control over their game's itemization and integrity and if they really wanted the Auction House system to be viable this is something they sort of had to do. Also, while I don't think I'll be using any of the real money features of the auction house I think it's an interesting new model for such a high profile release so I'm very intrigued how it plays out.
Oh, I understand why they went the "always online" route. I'm just disappointed in Blizzard's server up-time. We're basically beta testing the game for them right now.

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
So.... we have 3 monks (including myself), a demon hunter and a wizard? Anyone tried the Witch Doctor? Sounds like the Necromancer

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ive been playing the Witch Doctor and Barbarian. Im actually a little underwhelmed by the witch doctor, you dont seem to be able to gather the same legion of minions as you could with the necromancer. The WD is more about very short summons that attack enemies then dissapear so they are really just direct damage spells.

I have 2 levels fourteens. When I first play new games I like to take it slow.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ive been playing the Witch Doctor and Barbarian. Im actually a little underwhelmed by the witch doctor, you dont seem to be able to gather the same legion of minions as you could with the necromancer. The WD is more about very short summons that attack enemies then dissapear so they are really just direct damage spells.

I have 2 levels fourteens. When I first play new games I like to take it slow.
I've heard rumours that they're planning to introduce a necromancer later so the witch doctor is intentionally different. Haven't looked much on the official site though so that may not be accurate.

Witch doctor looks like it wouldn't suit my style so I probably won't try it, at least until I'm bored with the other characters. Barbarian looks fun though. I always found it super fun in D2 for the first half of the game, then it got impossible since I was never much of a gear-grinder and melee characters just start to get pummeled without superb gear. Will have to see if D3 is the same story - maybe.

I am really happy that they've gotten rid of a LOT of the minor annoyances of D2 - identifying, TP, checkpoints, etc. I'm liking the health globes too although they may be a little more annoying for ranged characters.