User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yeah. I didn't mean to sound like that wasn't worthwhile in itself, at times; sometimes I just want to float around and respond to things in that kind of manner. I usually play mix of games / do a mix of things.
    and my inner child wasn't deeply saddened and hurt by what you said!

Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    and my inner child wasn't deeply saddened and hurt by what you said!
    Fudge. I'll have to try harder next time.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Thanks for the offer Jock, but I'm saving myself for the whole thing.

Also I don't generally appreciate that sort of "hardcore" difficulty. It adds tension to the game but I know what will happen. Ill eventually get bored chopping through demons like wet noodles, lose attention, and then die for a silly reason and lose my character. Not my sort of difficulty at all!
    I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Nancynobullets View Post
    Thanks for the offer Jock, but I'm saving myself for the whole thing.

Also I don't generally appreciate that sort of "hardcore" difficulty. It adds tension to the game but I know what will happen. Ill eventually get bored chopping through demons like wet noodles, lose attention, and then die for a silly reason and lose my character. Not my sort of difficulty at all!
    yeah hardcore is fun but after you ve spent tens of hours in a character having it killed by a glorified lag isnt exactly pleasant. I was PKed by some jerk(s) in D2. The issue is while I like the challenge I do not have the time to spend 30 hours making up for a lapse in attention and will more than probably just stop playing altogether if my character succumbs. (which can, btw, also be an interesting way to stop playing a game)
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I created a Hardcore Wizard, where character death is permanent and it was far more fun.

The Battlenet is confusing though. I wanted to add people and I had no idea how to do it, as my character names, email account name, and "Battle net name" are all different. So I basically just joined public matches.

I should still have access to the beta as I had it before the open weekend so if anyone still wants to play I'm up for it.
    I prefer Hardcore mode, as well.

The BattleTags arent unique, so you need to add people with the 4 digit number that comes with it. So your ID is something like JockTheMotie#2345. Its dumb. You can see your 4 digit number when you click the 'add friend' button. You can still add people with the RealID email. The difference is that adding them with a BattleTag won't show them your first/last name.

Character names seem to mean a whole lot of jack shit. So... Doesn't matter.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Blizzard is a shell of its former self.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I wouldn't say that. I'm happy with D3.

The only thing that I think has gone downhill is WoW. I got into the Mists of Pandaria beta, as well... And just. Meh. I feel like WoW is just a cow they're milking for all it's worth now. It wont be as good as it used to be. But other than that, I'm pleased with the games they've released.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Starcraft 2 was garbage. I'm underwhelmed by Diablo 3 so far.

Blizzard is too big now. Their decisions are now dominated by shareholder interests rather than game designer interests. I guess you could say they're a victim of their own success.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Permabanned

I can run diablo 3 on my 5770 at 1920x1080 on max settings, that's just sad my card is already over 2 years old and was a mid range card when it came out. It is also a 128 bit card so it under performs at high resolutions but not with the diablo 3. The graphics are outdated.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Starcraft 2 was garbage. I'm underwhelmed by Diablo 3 so far.

Blizzard is too big now. Their decisions are now dominated by shareholder interests rather than game designer interests. I guess you could say they're a victim of their own success.
    sc2 still has 2 more expansions to go.