User Tag List

First 132122232425 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

I really haven't been playing much at all. Doesn't help that the FPS sucks with macbook pro.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Why don't you try hardcore though. It's exhillirating. And the only way diablo is meant to be played in my opinion.

Disclaimer though, once you go hardcore, you can't go back.
    I played HC in D2, and I'm sure I'll get into it soon enough here. I did really enjoy it back then. For me, gaming is a really social thing... So I'm doing what my friends are doing. None of them are really into HC yet. But I, frankly, intend on playing this game for a goooooooood long time, so I'm in no rush.

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I don't understand how people can play as much as Patches does (or more). I can't play more than 2 hours before I start feeling like I have to get up and do something else.
    *shrug* I've been able to game for hours and hours without breaks since I was a kid. And ever since I was about 15-16 and got into online gaming... It's been worse. Especially with the introduction of MMOs into my life like Everquest, City of Heroes, and WoW.

Someone was conversing with me about this in Vent, and suggested that that kind of gaming is well suited toward IxTJ's. I find that believable. I think I'd type many of the guys I game with regularly as INTJs.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Because in diablo 2, I got bored because once you got some items, you basicly became immortal. And the leveling part was the only fun part of diablo 2, whereas endgame was boring.
    pvp is the only fun part in diablo 2, leveling/being rushed is just something you need to do for few hours in order to be able to pvp
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

finally made it through hell! snagged some absolutely dirt-cheap gear before I started act iv which made act iv pretty much a joke, basically glass-cannoning but usually managing to avoid dying anyway. monk survivability. It's kinda too bad that you can buy decent gear for so very cheap that the drops aren't anywhere near as good, but maybe that'll change in inferno as the drops get better.

I predict lots of dying in inferno. Looking forward to it.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    finally made it through hell! snagged some absolutely dirt-cheap gear before I started act iv which made act iv pretty much a joke, basically glass-cannoning but usually managing to avoid dying anyway. monk survivability. It's kinda too bad that you can buy decent gear for so very cheap that the drops aren't anywhere near as good, but maybe that'll change in inferno as the drops get better.

I predict lots of dying in inferno. Looking forward to it.
    \
    Where are you buying gear? Auction house or blacksmith?

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    \
    Where are you buying gear? Auction house or blacksmith?
    Oh, AH. blacksmith is worthless. I can get items for 1-5k on the AH that blow blacksmith and drops both out of the water, with enough persistence. I expect that will change as I develop the need for better gear in inferno, but for now it's working well.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I don't understand how people can play as much as Patches does (or more). I can't play more than 2 hours before I start feeling like I have to get up and do something else.
    Aren't you beta testing Guild Wars 2? You don't play that for more than 2 hours at a time given how excited you were for it? When I played MMOs I would play for more than 2 hours at a stretch, sometimes you have to if you are doing an event or instance with a group.

Having said that, I lack the perseverance for MMOs. I have never made it close to the 'endgame' in any of the ones I've tried.

I loved Diablo II. Can't wait to try III! *Giggity*
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    GONE

Why don't you try hardcore though. It's exhillirating. And the only way diablo is meant to be played in my opinion.

Disclaimer though, once you go hardcore, you can't go back.

Well, maybe it's because I'm from the old arcade game era, where you had to start all over if you died. But hardcore is one bit adrenaline rush for me. And losing items? They are just some pixels on your screen man. It's unhealthy to get attached to ingame items in my opinion. Just see them as a means to an end, nothing more. xD
    For some reason, this sounds classic INTP gamer to me...
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Aren't you beta testing Guild Wars 2? You don't play that for more than 2 hours at a time given how excited you were for it? When I played MMOs I would play for more than 2 hours at a stretch, sometimes you have to if you are doing an event or instance with a group.

Having said that, I lack the perseverance for MMOs. I have never made it close to the 'endgame' in any of the ones I've tried.

I loved Diablo II. Can't wait to try III! *Giggity*
    I am beta testing Guild Wars 2, but I still can't play that game for more than 2 hours at a time. That's not to say that I can't play for 6 hours or so in a day, but that play time has to be spread out. If I don't spread it out, I get this intense feeling like I'm missing something (the real world).
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

I feel a bit annoyed actually because I keep buying games like Diablo 3, play them obsessively for about 3 weeks then drop them, only to be played sporadically.

Strange because as a child and a teenager I had that same focus @Patches mentions about being able to just play for hours.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.