First 123412 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Nancynobullets View Post
    I hear that in order to unlock the next hardest mode the player has to first complete the game on normal. Thats less than cool.
    With great power comes great responsibility.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

and heres the same thing with sorc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl71RVClAdg
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

So will you guys be up for some D3 typoc jolly co-operation once the game comes out?

Cry aye if you are up for it!

One thing that most strikes me when playing the beta is how easy the game is. I know that this is just normal mode, and that there are many additional, harder, modes to choose from. But I hear that in order to unlock the next hardest mode the player has to first complete the game on normal. Thats less than cool.
    I created a Hardcore Wizard, where character death is permanent and it was far more fun.

The Battlenet is confusing though. I wanted to add people and I had no idea how to do it, as my character names, email account name, and "Battle net name" are all different. So I basically just joined public matches.

I should still have access to the beta as I had it before the open weekend so if anyone still wants to play I'm up for it.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

frankly I like the graphics. They re not the ''wow(world of warcraft, not wow im impressed) graphics'' they showed us a while back, the graphics are much richer than in diablo 2 yet remains easily readable despite rather dark environments. With contrasted and dark settings you d expect such a graphic style to be anathema to rapid gaming and mobs of well... mobs.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

One thing that most strikes me when playing the beta is how easy the game is. I know that this is just normal mode, and that there are many additional, harder, modes to choose from. But I hear that in order to unlock the next hardest mode the player has to first complete the game on normal. Thats less than cool.
    True. I haven't died once (well except that one time i left my character get beaten to death to see what would happen).
    Now it IS the first act, and in d2 dying in the first act was generally caused by randomly attributed majorly freakish special abilities (such as electric shocks taking half of your HP out every time you strike, not cool for close combat characters)
    but yeah while the combats are dynamic and all it isnt very challenging so far.

I haven't found mobs with special abilities to be particularly hard to beat, just takes more time. I liked the hazard they represented in d2
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

... In theory.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    skeleton king with demon hunter:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK2oXG8Sr08

and heres the same thing with sorc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl71RVClAdg
    and monk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-XxGaaOPiA
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    I haven't found mobs with special abilities to be particularly hard to beat, just takes more time. I liked the hazard they represented in d2
    I just basically kept an eye on my health and kept hammering home for d3. it pretty much was a button-clicker.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I just basically kept an eye on my health and kept hammering home for d3. it pretty much was a button-clicker.
    Yeah its pretty much like playing the roulette. A bit of thought, lots of clicking. But its pleasant and sort of tailored to my particular mix of novelty / pattern seeking. Human psychology being what it is and all.

I think I d like to play it occasionally when it comes out. Then again its about finding the time. But hey, there is always time if you manage it well.

... In theory.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

well, no wonder since its just the beginning of act1 normal
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Yeah its pretty much like playing the roulette. A bit of thought, lots of clicking. But its pleasant and sort of tailored to my particular mix of novelty / pattern seeking. Human psychology being what it is and all.
    Yeah. I didn't mean to sound like that wasn't worthwhile in itself, at times; sometimes I just want to float around and respond to things in that kind of manner. I usually play mix of games / do a mix of things.