User Tag List

First 71516171819 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I've not played the first diablo's is this game worth getting?
    Yes. If you get it I'll play with ya. I wanna try out the Barbarian.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    No, no, no no no no.

At level 60, Barbarians are the saddest class right now. All the Barbarians are re-rolling ranged classes. If you have ANY intention of playing seriously at level 60 and trying to make it through Inferno, you straight up can't do it on a Barb unless you get people to carry you. Demon Hunters and Wizards are the ones who are beasting Inferno right now.

One of the guys I game with daily rolled Barb, and he's ended up having to spec to be a support class in order to have ANY hope of doing inferno. He has to use throwing knives, and that seismic wave.... Because he CAN'T get into melee range or he dies. The comp we're running with right now is: A wizard puts a blizzard down and slows all the mobs, while the Barb spams Seismic wave to knock them back into the blizzard repeatedly, while I (the Demon Hunter) unleash the DPS and try to down them before the Barb runs out of fury. And he can't regen fury because he can't get in melee range to hit them.

Frankly, I'm having a much easier time in Inferno when I run double-DH. But I feel bad for my Barb buddy, so I'm trying to help carry him.

Barbs are absolutely the worst class at 60 right now. By a mile.
    sadface. I'm hoping monks fare a little better since we're a little more agile, despite also being in melee range? Hell is fine so far but I'm a little afraid of inferno.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    Yes. If you get it I'll play with ya. I wanna try out the Barbarian.
    I'll probably suck to be honest.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I'll probably suck to be honest.
    I only had a tiny bit of play time with Diablo 2 a while back and I don't play these kinds of games in general so I'm a n00b myself.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    I only had a tiny bit of play time with Diablo 2 a while back and I don't play these kinds of games in general so I'm a n00b myself.
    let me break my phone contract and figure out how much that's going to cost me, before i decide to buy diablo 3 because i might not have money to buy it.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I'm finding it more fun to solo so far. That may change as I get further into hell though (had the most frustrating night ever after sloooowly grinding the butcher down because I have crappy dps right now, I died to him pulling me into the fire when he had no visible health bar left. gaaaah.)
    well its a personal preference(i find soloing quite boring, since its lacking all the team tactics), but maybe if you dont have friends who you can play well in team might make co-op not so fun. i wouldnt want to play with some rand newbs(to diablo series) either, its pretty frustrating when someone dont understand what sort of role their character is supposed to have in team or do some stupid decisions for team constantly.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    sadface. I'm hoping monks fare a little better since we're a little more agile, despite also being in melee range? Hell is fine so far but I'm a little afraid of inferno.
    Monks auras are super nice. Melee in general are having a harder time than ranged, though.

Keep in mind, this may be adjusted. Blizzard expected it to take MONTHS for the first person to beat Inferno, and it happened in a week. Some of the Wizard/DH skills have been changed already to make us less powerful.

With Wizards, what was going on is... They had a skill (Energy armor with Force rune) that made it so that they COULDN'T get hit for more than 35% of their life. Ever. So they got rid of all of their vitality so that they only had 7k life, and they stacked "Health per second" regen. If you stacked enough to get 2,500 health per sec.... You were invincible. Because you won't get hit for more than 2450 at a time, and you regen to full health before you get hit again. So wizards were essentially invincible. This has been nerfed so that it can't be done anymore.

With Demon Hunters (my class)... We have a skill called Smoke Screen that makes us invulnerable for 3 seconds (with rune). If you got a +Discipline item, you could chain 3 of these in a row (so 9 seconds of invulnerability). THEN we have a skill called "Preparation" that refreshes all of our discipline... So we got 3 more smoke screens. So 18 seconds of Invulnerability. AND, Prep can 'proc' so that it's cooldown isn't used... So we could, if we were lucky... Use prep again for 27 seconds of invulnerability. Rarely, I even got a 2nd proc for 36 seconds of invuln. Which means we could stand still and just turret fire for 27-36 seconds without moving. There isn't a whole hell of a lot that can live through 27 seconds of a Demon Hunter firing at full steam.

They nerfed that, too.... Though, even though it's harder, I can still make it to Act III Inferno alone.

My guess is that they're going to keep making these kind of adjustments so that ranged are worse at inferno, and melee are better to try to even it up. Theyre doing a lot of balancing.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    No, no, no no no no.

At level 60, Barbarians are the saddest class right now. All the Barbarians are re-rolling ranged classes. If you have ANY intention of playing seriously at level 60 and trying to make it through Inferno, you straight up can't do it on a Barb unless you get people to carry you. Demon Hunters and Wizards are the ones who are beasting Inferno right now.

One of the guys I game with daily rolled Barb, and he's ended up having to spec to be a support class in order to have ANY hope of doing inferno. He has to use throwing knives, and that seismic wave.... Because he CAN'T get into melee range or he dies. The comp we're running with right now is: A wizard puts a blizzard down and slows all the mobs, while the Barb spams Seismic wave to knock them back into the blizzard repeatedly, while I (the Demon Hunter) unleash the DPS and try to down them before the Barb runs out of fury. And he can't regen fury because he can't get in melee range to hit them.

Frankly, I'm having a much easier time in Inferno when I run double-DH. But I feel bad for my Barb buddy, so I'm trying to help carry him.

Barbs are absolutely the worst class at 60 right now. By a mile.
    what stats your dh has?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    what stats your dh has?
    I pull 40,000 DPS right now. It's getting pretty respectable. I have a DH buddy who is up to 60,000 DPS, and I'm trying to catch him.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    what stats your dh has?
    I pull 40,000 DPS right now. It's getting pretty respectable. I have a DH buddy who is up to 60,000 DPS, and I'm trying to catch him.

~