User Tag List

First 2101112131422 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Yeah, that was superb. That's when I actually started to get in to the story. It was a little tough at first because I thought the dialogue was a little campy but after that cinematic I thought, "Holy shit" and was pretty invested.

I also loved that Tyrael's response to Leah's "What would you know about sacrifice" was the ultimate "BITCH PLEASE."
    I still haven't gotten to Act II yet, but you're definitely right that the dialogue is pretty campy (and generic/predictable). It is slightly killing the mood for me.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

beat normal. wizard time, maybe.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    I still haven't gotten to Act II yet, but you're definitely right that the dialogue is pretty campy (and generic/predictable). It is slightly killing the mood for me.
    I'm still in Act I too. Just finished off Leoric, but then I'm a "leave no Loose Stone un-turned, leave no corner of the map unexplored" kind of player. In fact I think I unlocked an achievement for that...

I'm not expecting Oscar winning scripts, but the banter between my char and the follower is a bit annoying. I know they're trying to copy what NWN and Dragon Age did, but the writing just isn't as good.
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Level 59. God, the 50's go slow.

MUST NOT SLEEP UNTIL 60.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Level 59. God, the 50's go slow.

MUST NOT SLEEP UNTIL 60.
    15 here... But I tend to value sleep over games :P

Can you post an updated screen shot of your hero?

MBTI
    ISTx

Ok, so I'm a Diablo noob and have only played a tiny bit of Diablo 2. I guess what I'm most confused about in these games is how to decide on what to equip your hero with. Does a rare item trump a magical item automatically? Should I look more at the big number? Do the little numbers like the dexterity, etc. matter much?

What do you do with all the excess gear that you don't use? Do you sell it or give it to the blacksmith?

MBTI
    ISTx

Ok, so I'm a Diablo noob and have only played a tiny bit of Diablo 2. I guess what I'm most confused about in these games is how to decide on what to equip your hero with. Does a rare item trump a magical item automatically? Should I look more at the big number? Do the little numbers like the dexterity, etc. matter much?

What do you do with all the excess gear that you don't use? Do you sell it or give it to the blacksmith?

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I just hit 60. Ill screenshot my char when I log in tomorrow, because right now I need to get my panda ass in bed. So tired.

@swordpath Rare items do not always trump magical items. The stats matter a lot. You're going to pick up gear that is itemized for other classes, and theyre useless to you. Basically for you, Dexterity=Damage, Vitality=Life. Some people build it tankier and focus Vitality, while some like to do more Damage and focus Dexterity. But a lot of pieces will have both Dex and Vit. Its really up to you how to build it.

Stats like Intelligence are Wizard/Witch Doctor gear.

The pieces you dont use can be vendored, sold on the Auction House, or given to the blacksmith. The materials you get from the blacksmith can be used to craft pretty decent items at your level.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    beat normal. wizard time, maybe.
    Damn you and @Patches are quick. I'm still level 22 trying to put some wizard back together.

As Patches said, you'll want to worry about +damage, +dexterity, +vitality and perhaps armor. On your character pane [press C] you'll have some stats and when you equip stuff, as long as your Damage number goes up it's usually a good idea. Rare items tend to have other useful stats too like magic find [increases your chance to find good items], +health after kill, etc. So just mix and match.

The extra stuff I salvage at the blacksmith, or if I know it'd be enticing to another class, I throw it on the Auction House for lower buyouts. The 10 items at a time thing kills me though. I can't buy all the useful shit and relist at jacked up prices :<

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I tend to opt for a balance, with each item giving a certain stat boost or special bonus. For example, my weapon is not the one with the highest damage but the one with the highest attack speed. I also have armor and stuff that give bonus to gaining experience, finding gold, magic items, health globes and health regeneration.

In Diablo II, I used to have different sets of equipment for different purposes but you'll need to make your stash bigger for that. I'll have a set of equipment for tanking final bosses, one for looking for items, one for high resistance against certain magic, etc. Not sure if that strategy will be useful in DIII.

Money isn't a major issue at the moment so most of the excess magical items are salvaged and then used to craft items. Some of the random magical effects can be better than your existing equipment
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell