User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Oddly my one real complaint of the game has to do with what they designed the game to revolve around: the AH. It's a pain in the ass to navigate and use, you don't get as useful equipment comparisons, and you have to log out of your game to use it. I honestly wish it was browser based, and it seems a little half baked considering their Real Money version isn't live yet. You've got millions of people leveling up but don't have your system in place to sell them virtual items, when a significant design goal was to implement a microtransaction warehouse? That seems extremely stupid.

Otherwise, my Wizard is a blast. Spamming Arcane Orb and watching the explosions never gets old.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Oddly my one real complaint of the game has to do with what they designed the game to revolve around: the AH. It's a pain in the ass to navigate and use, you don't get as useful equipment comparisons, and you have to log out of your game to use it. I honestly wish it was browser based, and it seems a little half baked considering their Real Money version isn't live yet. You've got millions of people leveling up but don't have your system in place to sell them virtual items, when a significant design goal was to implement a microtransaction warehouse? That seems extremely stupid.

Otherwise, my Wizard is a blast. Spamming Arcane Orb and watching the explosions never gets old.
    The game better not revolve around the AH, I was under the impression it was an optional addon. Not a fan of those things in general, although to be honest I haven't even looked at the d3 one.

Hopefully the wizard has some kind of frost tree somewhere. <3 <3 cold sorcs
    -end of thread-

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    The game better not revolve around the AH, I was under the impression it was an optional addon. Not a fan of those things in general, although to be honest I haven't even looked at the d3 one.
    It does in sort of a sneaky way. The Real Money AH is why you always have to be online to play the game. They made a lot of design decisions with player trading and real money for virtual items transactions at the core of those decisions. They don't take a risk in gameplay design, rather they plug in a very simple, fun, addictive, familiar gameplay experience to drive their new shiny real money auction house model.

You can very well go through the game without ever using the AH, but its importance is imprinted into the game design itself.

Hopefully the wizard has some kind of frost tree somewhere. <3 <3 cold sorcs
    While no trees and the class definitely revolves around "Arcane" magic, you can definitely make Frost builds. Ray of Frost is a perfectly viable main skill, Frost Nova is wonderful with the Shatter rune, you can rune Meteor into Comet, and the Blizzard looks very good too. There's a ton of skill flexibility, which is very nice.

MBTI
    ISTx

I'm a big, bad level 11 now

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I picked Kamikaze for my battle tag and it's far too appropriate - I've wasted so much time dying for no reason other than charging in too recklessly. yes, even when I can heal myself AND my templar is healing me AND I have a million +vit things. I'm a bit of a gambler, especially with the globes dropping constantly.

Can't wait to finish the storyline (if I can do it solo) so I can start multiplayer/check out other characters. Hopefully the servers will be cooperating tonight.
    -end of thread-

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I picked Kamikaze for my battle tag and it's far too appropriate - I've wasted so much time dying for no reason other than charging in too recklessly. yes, even when I can heal myself AND my templar is healing me AND I have a million +vit things. I'm a bit of a gambler, especially with the globes dropping constantly.

Can't wait to finish the storyline (if I can do it solo) so I can start multiplayer/check out other characters. Hopefully the servers will be cooperating tonight.
    Hah, sort of the same, which is odd considering I'm a wizard, though I've only died once while standing in those tree monster's poison wells like a dumbass. With all my AoE skills it's extremely easy to get greedy, rush into a whole group of mobs and just blow everything up. If you like that kind of insanity, you'll really like Wizard. Early on, you get lots of skills where on death, the monsters explode to do even more damage to their surroundings and you can start some pretty wild chain reactions.

Wizard seems a little OP at times, but this is still normal mode. I heard Act 3 gets tougher too, so I'm hoping for that.

MBTI
    ISTx

I've died only once myself and it was in those fields with the poisonous trees, but what got me was those big freakin mammoth things.

I hear the cinematic going into Act 2 is pretty B.A.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Hah, sort of the same, which is odd considering I'm a wizard, though I've only died once while standing in those tree monster's poison wells like a dumbass. With all my AoE skills it's extremely easy to get greedy, rush into a whole group of mobs and just blow everything up. If you like that kind of insanity, you'll really like Wizard. Early on, you get lots of skills where on death, the monsters explode to do even more damage to their surroundings and you can start some pretty wild chain reactions.

Wizard seems a little OP at times, but this is still normal mode. I heard Act 3 gets tougher too, so I'm hoping for that.
    sweet! wizard will definitely be my next one in that case. I'm seeing a similar thing with aoe monk seeming OP, other than dying suddenly sometimes - I just started Act 3 last night so I'll have to see tonight whether it starts getting harder. The mobs do seem a bit tougher, now that you mention it.

I died all the time in diablo 2 too. I'm just too reckless/miserly with pots and heals.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    I hear the cinematic going into Act 2 is pretty B.A.
    It is. Epic in a way only Blizzard cinematics can be!
    I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Nancynobullets View Post
    It is. Epic in a way only Blizzard cinematics can be!
    Yeah, that was superb. That's when I actually started to get in to the story. It was a little tough at first because I thought the dialogue was a little campy but after that cinematic I thought, "Holy shit" and was pretty invested.

I also loved that Tyrael's response to Leah's "What would you know about sacrifice" was the ultimate "BITCH PLEASE."