User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

I don't care really. Obviously they're working to fix the kinks and in time it'll be fine.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    good lord, I'm happy with 23 so far. I do have to work during the day though unfortunately.
    I'm 51 now.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

servers are up for now!
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    I don't care really. Obviously they're working to fix the kinks and in time it'll be fine.
    Well, I might be a little harsh in my judgment, but that's because I used to admire the company. Now I can't stand them. They might as well be owned by EA.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Woohoo

@Lateralus and @Seymour, I think it sucks from an end user standpoint as well however I understand why they went with the always online route. One of D2's biggest issues was that multiplayer could sometimes just be a hack/bot fest that made for a shitty experience. With the always online thing, they have better control over their game's itemization and integrity and if they really wanted the Auction House system to be viable this is something they sort of had to do. Also, while I don't think I'll be using any of the real money features of the auction house I think it's an interesting new model for such a high profile release so I'm very intrigued how it plays out.

MBTI
    ISTx

^Looks like Mileena from Mortal Kombat.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    @Lateralus and @Seymour, I think it sucks from an end user standpoint as well however I understand why they went with the always online route. One of D2's biggest issues was that multiplayer could sometimes just be a hack/bot fest that made for a shitty experience. With the always online thing, they have better control over their game's itemization and integrity and if they really wanted the Auction House system to be viable this is something they sort of had to do. Also, while I don't think I'll be using any of the real money features of the auction house I think it's an interesting new model for such a high profile release so I'm very intrigued how it plays out.
    Oh, I understand why they went the "always online" route. I'm just disappointed in Blizzard's server up-time. We're basically beta testing the game for them right now.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

So.... we have 3 monks (including myself), a demon hunter and a wizard? Anyone tried the Witch Doctor? Sounds like the Necromancer
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Ive been playing the Witch Doctor and Barbarian. Im actually a little underwhelmed by the witch doctor, you dont seem to be able to gather the same legion of minions as you could with the necromancer. The WD is more about very short summons that attack enemies then dissapear so they are really just direct damage spells.

I have 2 levels fourteens. When I first play new games I like to take it slow.
    I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nancynobullets View Post
    Ive been playing the Witch Doctor and Barbarian. Im actually a little underwhelmed by the witch doctor, you dont seem to be able to gather the same legion of minions as you could with the necromancer. The WD is more about very short summons that attack enemies then dissapear so they are really just direct damage spells.

I have 2 levels fourteens. When I first play new games I like to take it slow.
    I've heard rumours that they're planning to introduce a necromancer later so the witch doctor is intentionally different. Haven't looked much on the official site though so that may not be accurate.

Witch doctor looks like it wouldn't suit my style so I probably won't try it, at least until I'm bored with the other characters. Barbarian looks fun though. I always found it super fun in D2 for the first half of the game, then it got impossible since I was never much of a gear-grinder and melee characters just start to get pummeled without superb gear. Will have to see if D3 is the same story - maybe.

I am really happy that they've gotten rid of a LOT of the minor annoyances of D2 - identifying, TP, checkpoints, etc. I'm liking the health globes too although they may be a little more annoying for ranged characters.
    -end of thread-