• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Cool Story Bro

Ingrid in grids

Her lips are massive. She should've stuck with her natural lips.

Her natural face was quite beautiful. I think her rise to fame was pretty straightforward. Ungergo plastic surgery, adopt a gloomy, old Hollywood style image, put some vintage stock footage in some music videos and voilà, hipsters go batshit crazy all over tumblr. There are parts in her songs where the sound is quite beautiful - usually when her voice is low and sultry, but she too frequently shifts from that to her Britney Spearsesque baby talk that it's too irritating to talk to.

Anyway, /LDR rant. Here are some celebrities with Lana Del Rey lippies.

6f6c54b4le-celebs-0.jpg

george-clooney-with-lana-del-rey-lips.jpg

tumblr_lyopwg8CWK1qzr8hno1_1280.jpg

enhanced-buzz-18050-1328049539-39.jpg

male-celebrities-with-lana-del-rey-lips-01-83962.jpg

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
i've been seeing her name around a lot
so i youtubed her and i couldn't get through the song

F

figsfiggyfigs

i've been seeing her name around a lot
so i youtubed her and i couldn't get through the song

Yeah today is the first time I heard of here. Googled as well. Can't stand looking at her face in a video, her lips are really repulsive.

Ingrid in grids

I think it's a good example of how an image can often bring you fame quicker than talent. However an image doesn't last like talent does, and authentic outlasts fake. I don't think she's going to last very long, unless she has someone very good to coach her to improve her live performances (that SNL one was a shocker). She could turn her career around. Selena Gomez (funny how all the Disney kids can sing, eh?) had some terrible live performances, but she's still sticking around and seems to be giving better and better performances, probably all thanks to some very good vocal coaching.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
i wonder why she didn't go down the pure pop route.
i would imagine she's be able to stay more relevant.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Yeah today is the first time I heard of here. Googled as well. Can't stand looking at her face in a video, her lips are really repulsive.

GAWD Dee so catty.

Don't care about how she looks but she does suck, and seems like a record company product rather than an artiste.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
... her live performances (that SNL one was a shocker).

this one below? (had to go look for it). it just seems like
she doesn't have stage presence? have teen boys started
with the dick sucking lips jokes yet? i mean that's how you
know you've made it. i heard that about angelina jolie in
the mid 90s, then bam. she gets an oscar.

V

violaine

I can't see the link... But if it's Lana Del Rey, I have to say, her lyrics disturb me. She/some chick is always getting dressed up for some guy who couldn't care less. Bikini-ing and being the fire of someone's loins. :sick: Her lyrics make her seem extremely stunted as a person.

Ingrid in grids

this one below? (had to go look for it). it just seems like
she doesn't have stage presence? have teen boys started
with the dick sucking lips jokes yet? i mean that's how you
know you've made it. i heard that about angelina jolie in
the mid 90s, then bam. she gets an oscar.

Yes that's the one. She just sounded like a little girl messing around with a microphone. Her singing was very bad in places. I agree with what [MENTION=5639]JocktheMotie[/MENTION] said about her being more the product of her record company than a genuine artist... I think she does/can have stage presence, but that airiness/broken old Hollywood songstress act is kind of her schtick. Kristen Wiig did a pretty spot-on impersonation of her on SNL. I saw snippets, but I couldn't find the full length skit anywhere. The original won't play in my country.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=9335]Maddy[/MENTION] The sad thing is she is a baby of internet self promotion I believe sans record company. Ah lana del ray what a stupid c--t.

V

violaine

Oh, I thought her Pops bankrolled her until she got a recording contract? I guess that could all be an invented pedigree for the interwebz.

Still, good for her and all that. Maybe she'll develop but if not she sure is having some interesting life experiences. (God, I hope for her own sake she develops an interest in things other than guys).

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh my god I love Lana Del Rey. In reference to the crazy people I meant the asshole painting her as an Illuminati satanist.

[MENTION=10491]mmhmm[/MENTION], that's a bad performance. I have some footage of her.

I think she's cool. I like her.

I think she might just have an anxiety disorder or stage fright, etc.

You guys are mean! And I'm stupid, this thread should be in the bonfire or something moderators.

Although I do think Lana Del Rey is an ISFP I don't think this counts as an SP blog.

I guess it could be a music/famous people blog...

KDude

She reminds me of nancy sinatra for some reason. Like if sinatra just came out and made an album today.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lana del Ray is an attractive woman who sings mediocre music. She also bangs Axel Rose. Chances are no one will remember her name a year from now.

She reminds me of nancy sinatra for some reason. Like if sinatra just came out and made an album today.

She's not nearly compelling enough for all that.