User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: Cool Story Bro

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post

You guys are mean! And I'm stupid, this thread should be in the bonfire or something moderators.

Although I do think Lana Del Rey is an ISFP I don't think this counts as an SP blog.

I guess it could be a music/famous people blog...
    moved
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by LEGERdeMAIN View Post
    It worked for bob dylan, tom waits and eddie vedder.
    Scratching things out doesn't make them non-existent. It's a package, not part of a package. If you were to run only the bold as Lana, the system would crush because you'd be missing elements, such as the bad attempt at being sexy/distant. Lana is a special breed of suck.

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    Scratching things out doesn't make them non-existent. It's a package, not part of a package. If you were to run only the bold as Lana, the system would crush because you'd be missing elements, such as the bad attempt at being sexy/distant. Lana is a special breed of suck.
    I scratched out anything that didn't seem relevant to all artists mentioned. You seem to be comparing one package to another package as if all packages were made in the same factory with the same standards and shipped to the same consumers - they are not. They were all entertainers, but the audience is not the same for each artist mentioned in the past few posts. Some artists are hammers meant to drive nails, some are brushes meant to paint pretty colors on plastered walls. It's important to consider differences and similarities between artists in the context of the preceding statements. There's no one standard, which makes it's pointless to compare entertainers as if there were.

The basic point I was getting at was that a comparison between Frank Sinatra and Lana is meaningless*. Kind of like comparing her to bob dylan is meaningless. They're completely different artists in completely different times. A Frank Sinatra wouldn't make it today, but for some strange reason a Bon Jovi continues to make it. They've been making it for 30 years.... "it" being pop rock sound farts. Last years tour they made almost 200 million, second only to U2. Bon Jovi has consistently released albums of recycled horseshit, never changing their formula. It's complete garbage, but people like it, they buy the biennial greatest hits albums and fill up the stadiums and everyone involved seems happy about the exchange. Bon Jovi will be continue to be a household name for some time simply because of their popularity, this may happen with Lana or Lady Gaga or gods-know-who-else. It seems stupid to me, because I have my own standards. But if people want to build temples to honor the Bon Jovis and Lanas and Sinatras of the world, let them.

*I will note that Sinatra is the Lana of his time. I won't go further into it because some people might be offended.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

MBTI
    INTj

That goes well with the dancing weasel avatar.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Having a rich daddy is unrelated to talent. Nancy Sinatra is a legend for a reason. Lana will unlikely be remembered in two years time. She constantly slurs and pouty-mumbles her the words to her song, which is bad. I don't care about the reinventing, or the name change, the worst part is her uncomfortable-to-watch attempt at coming off as sexy and deep yet aloof that makes most of us cringe.
    Her voice/rhythm is always off from the beat, and sounds extremely lazy in contrast. I understand why some would like her because she does come off as edgy(dear god her live performances are terrible), and her style is slightly different from what is coming out today, however, I am even more understanding of why so many people can't stand her.

Edit: The most annoying part about her, is her constant denial of getting anything done(more specifically her lips). She must think the world is stupid. Just own up to it. Gefus.
    She had one bad performance on SNL. She had several other live performances, including Letterman, that were good. You've been misled by the marketing of a meme "OMGZ LOOK AT THIS SNL PERFORMANCE AND NOTHING ELSE ABOUT LANA DEL REY."

I don't know the plastic surgery thing doesn't bug me, I don't even care.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Your hatred of her is severe. It reminds me of the way I used to hate Paris Hilton. So there's nothing anyone could say that could convince you otherwise, even showing you her other music or pointing out similarities between her and other artists, and the simple fact that her flaws have been hyped up by the media.

I agree with Leger about Eddie Veder and others slurring. Take major legends, like Kurt Cobain, who whined, who slurred...yeah, I really really don't care.

Micheal Jackson lied about his plastic surgery too (no I'm not lightening my skin on purpose!) and he's the legendary King of Pop.

I'd also like to point out just how much I love certain one-hit-wonders from the 80's, like 'Til Tuesday...I don't think people are gonna forget Lana Del Rey, not after all this hoopla.

When people hate you en masse, you are not forgettable.

I'm surprised that @YWIR is annoyed. I only mentioned Nancy Sinatra because she had the same nonchalant delivery and Phil Spector-ish production (she was married to Spector actually). I've googled since and saw that del rey intentionally went for that sound. A lot of people do. It's not an assessment on quality or saying del rey will have the same legacy. Just that she's working with the same palette. You're free to think it's a shitty use of that palette.

figsfiggyfigs

I'm not annoyed at all. It's odd that you think my critcism of Lana Del Ray as being a crappy singer is coming off as annoyance, or as hatred.
    Leger is right to a degree. People like what they like, even if it isn't universally viewed as talent. Although the singers he mentioned had it.

And no, marm, I watched quite a few of her videos. It wasn't the snl video that made me think she has no presence other than uncomfortable awkwardness. It was her music videos that did. Her MTV flop only added to that.

I'm not annoyed at all..
    Fair enough then. I was confused because you said it was an outrageous remark or something. I think you understand where I'm coming from now though.