User Tag List

First 234

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    For multiplayer games I constructed this gigantic deck that had 500-1000 cards in it.
    How did you shuffle that? I'll bet you didn't have a demonic tutor in there.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    How did you shuffle that? I'll bet you didn't have a demonic tutor in there.
    I shuffled in chunks of course. It also depended on how much downtime there was between games. If there was a lot of downtime then I shuffled the whole thing. Otherwise I only shuffled the top 100-200 cards.

I had a demonic tutor, but if I used it I just looked through the top 100 or so cards until I found a card that was fairly useful to the situation and also within my current mana limitations.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    The sport has changed, as they say.
    Has it ever. My coworkers, who match up at lunch and after work, are playing on the cutting edge -- half of their debates seem to be over calls on exponential combos. Funny, and impressive, given the power their decks wield; but light years from Revised.

MBTI
    INFP

The last deck I bought was when the Ice Age expansion came out. I could never afford good cards (middle school), so I played with what I had. I remember an acquaintance of mine had a 'White Weenie' deck with four Serra Angels (sp?) years ago. I don't think I ever won against him. I'd be interested to see what kinds of decks people here have put together past/present/future. I liked Red/Blue & Blue/Black back in the day.

Oh and Jack Flak, Cockatrices were one of my least favourite cards to go up against. My older brother had two of them and would absolutely crush me if he managed to get them out.
    I may be bested in battle, but I shall never be defeated.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Noel View Post
    Oh and Jack Flak, Cockatrices were one of my least favourite cards to go up against. My older brother had two of them and would absolutely crush me if he managed to get them out.
    My best friend usually played a red/white deck with 4 Serras. I think I beat him about 75% of the time. Want some Cockatrices? I have like 10.

MBTI
    INTP

I used to be really into this. About the time the Alliances expansion came out I realized they were spiralling out of control towards Montiness and it got much less interesting.

I had dozens of decks. Most lethal was my stasis deck. Using time elementals (or boomerangs), stasis, and Kismet, you just shut someone down completely.

I think my most amusing was my "Dead can dance" deck. Black and blue were the only mana and spells, but the monsters ran the gambit of all colors, my biggest, nastiest, most ridiculous crap, casting cost be damned. Craw giants, shivan dragons, colossus, all of it. I had no plans of casting any of those, though. Using things to "discard a card and draw another" and what-not, I toss all those beefy monsters into the graveyard. Hell's Caretaker, animate dead, soul exchange with a breeding pit, and other joys then bring my monsters straight out of the graveyard into play. My first turn I would typically refrain from playing a land so I could discard a Scaled Worm or some such, then begin the dance of the dead.

My pal had a concept deck also, one which rather elegantly balanced the extra-payoff of spells/permanents requiring sacrifice (though you burn resources madly) with the unfortunate weakness of control decks that one may lose control (though until you do you whip some ass)...it was named, unimaginatively but quite aptly, the "Take Your Shit And Sacrifice It" deck. Many many things of his that used sacrifice as part of the activation, and many many things to take your creatures and toys...and you guessed it, he does not sacrifice his own creatures to that life chisel, or Ashnod's Altar, or Lord of the Pit that's kicking your ass... he sacrifices -yours-.

A similarly named exploitative deck I used, dubbed the "Fuck Us Both Up But I Can Take It" deck, used preventative white and explosive red. Orcish artillery, Inferno, Brothers of Fire, EarthQuake, everything Red I could muster up that does damage to others while doing damage to me (but not Manabarbs!!)...then I whap it with a circle of protection from red. This deck provided my favorite combo Evar...Inferno, then Blood of the Martyr, then Reverse Damage. Net effect: I gain 6*(number of my creatures + 1) life and my creatures are unharmed, you and each of your creatrues takes 6 damage.

Ehhh, better shut up now. Like me some MTG, ain't played in a while.
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

MBTI
    ENTJ

Stopped playing around Mirrodin when they started being imbeciles and banning everything left and right.

Not to mention that the game is just too expensive what with the mass buying to be able to put together a competitive deck.
    I am an ENTJ. I hate political correctness but love smart people ^_^

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Well!! I learned it originally because my boyfriend of the time played it frequently, as did many of his (which became mine as well) friends. So, taking an active interests in his, I asked how to play. I still don't grasp the steps very well (the upkeep, and actions and such) as I tend to do things out of order.. but I did like playing. I'm just not very clever with it all. I played a reanimation deck because it was easy, and I won an unhinged tournament one time at a friend's birthday which allowed me to keep all the cards as the prize.. So I currently have a crap load of those and nothing else. Pretty cool game though.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTJ

I've been playing casually with some friends. Just using a precon Merfolk deck for now.

Doesn't do so well against the tournament ones they have, but oh well.
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments