User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I've been playing casually since 1995. Three of my four immediate coworkers have a match or two during lunch or immediately after close; we even held a little booster draft last month. I don't care for the mechanics of contemporary sets, so keep to a non-Type-II-legal, Blue control deck from Tempest and earlier.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

i was completely obsessed with the game from 2000-2003; i played FNM every week, played bigger tournies 6-7 times a year, played with friends online or in person 5+ hours a day, and wrote out decklists in every class.

got a girlfriend junior year of high school and sort of lost interest...

but i just played FNM again last week... first DCI tournament in 5 years. i'm thinking of getting back into it.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

It's fun, a bunch of my friends/friends of friends have played since high school and they're teaching me. I've only played in a couple drafts so far though so I'm not very good! But I'm not actually going to go out and buy cards, I'll just keep playing in drafts with my friends and slowly accumulate cards that way...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I have a couple decks, but I'm not turney material...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

just won FNM last night

MBTI
    JIxT

My friend is teaching me how to play Magic. I don't want to get dragged in too fast because he already burned well over 1.5 grand on it and he will be asking me for money. He has a crazy knowledge of Magic, knowing all the tourney-worthy card's mana cost and effects. He is also one of the best FNM players in the region, but I have no doubt he will become the best because he can just buy one of the top 8.
    Reyson: ...If you were to change your ways, I'm sure we could rebuild the relationship the two of us once shared.

Naesala: Oh no, that I could never do. You see, humans are essential to the fulfillment of my ambitions.

Reyson: You've changed, Naesala. If this is the path you've chosen, I've nothing left to say.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Want to buy a shitload of Revised and some classics like Berserk and Forcefield (Unlimited, naturally)? I don't think I'm ever gonna do anything with them.

I play, though most of the people I play against have tournament decks, and I think it's antithetical to the game to buy specific cards... So, I usually lose. I play black and blue decks mostly.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I started playing it hardcore around the time that revised (4th edition) came out. I played it for a couple years or so, then got sick of it and gave most of my cards to a friend. I gave him at least $1000 worth of rares just going by the scrye low values.

I just started playing it again with my wife. We plan on only getting a couple boosters a month, and we just play against each other. So far we're having fun.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INTj

My brother got me into it, and after he left the house, I kinda inherited/stole all of his cards that he'd blown every penny of his spending money on for the last four years.

I've got a green/black elf deck that kicks all of my friend's asses, though I've never taken it to a tourney or anything. Most of my friends simply won't play against it. I've also got a white/black cleric deck that I need to seriously revise. And a red/green beast deck that's unstoppable . . . given enough time. There are just not enough cheap beasts.
    I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.