• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

thinking of getting rid of netflix

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
since I just got amazon prime and it has the same movies and shows and i can also play it on my ps3 and its cheaper in the long run to have prime vs netflix. what do you think i should do?

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I have both (Accidentally forgot to end prime after I tried out the free trial for a month with my Kindle Fire). And as far as movies go (there are some other pluses w Prime ebook lending library and free shipping) I find that Netflix still has a much larger library.

They are both great deals and Prime is cheaper. It may however be superfluous to have both (for me being able to watch it over at my fiancé house on her xbox/ Wii and the larger selection to come to a compromise to fit both our ISFP and INTP tastes makes it worth it right now for me.

Paying for regular cable for TV is what I now find superfluous.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
i would keep both but i can't really afford to i'm struggling to make ends meet as it is.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
i would keep both but i can't really afford to i'm struggling to make ends meet as it is.

In that case I would keep Prime up for the year of service that you have already paid for and after that year is up cancle Prime switch over to Netflix and catch up of the movies you missed then after a half a year or so switch back to Prime etc... at least until conditions improve.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
In that case I would keep Prime up for the year of service that you have already paid for and after that year is up cancle Prime switch over to Netflix and catch up of the movies you missed then after a half a year or so switch back to Prime etc... at least until conditions improve.

I'm applying for a job this week and if i get i'll probably be able to do both.

exact

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP
You monster!

How could you ever consider such a thing!

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
i wanted the free books for my kindle.i've thought about it more and since i only paid 40 for prime i can keep both, and if not i'll cancel netflix. i really wanted to watch blithe spirit and it wasn't on prime. i'm gonna end up in the gutter, aren't i?

exact

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP
i wanted the free books for my kindle.i've thought about it more and since i only paid 40 for prime i can keep both, and if not i'll cancel netflix. i really wanted to watch blithe spirit and it wasn't on prime. i'm gonna end up in the gutter, aren't i?

!

Now that you have identified that Netflix is the cause of your problems you can avoid this terrifying fate.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i use my roommate's netflix account, but you should get rid of it because if i had my own account i would have boycotted them when they took roseanne of instant watch. they ruined my plans! there one day gone the next!

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
you should use torrents like normal people do

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
they take too long. by the time a torrent is done downloading i don't want to watch it anymore

get faster internets and you can download the movie while going for a smoke or something