User Tag List

12 Last

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Default I want to write a book

I want to write a book but I dont think I've got the talent for it, I'd like to write either fantasy or inner space sci fi, I'd also like it to be a book which could be deconstructed but not too much, like Red Dragon which was a vehicle for presenting there sorts of character, and tells a story first and foremost.

Does anyone else want to write a book? What sort?

Anew Leaf

I do.

I have an idea for a Sci-Fi/Fantasy series that I have clung to for about 10 years now.

The problem is that I waver between wanting to be a nazi architect type where I map everything out.... and the crazy gardener who knows she planted carrots somewhere... just not sure exactly where.. and oh they might not be carrots but geraniums.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I want to write a book but I dont think I've got the talent for it, I'd like to write either fantasy or inner space sci fi, I'd also like it to be a book which could be deconstructed but not too much, like Red Dragon which was a vehicle for presenting there sorts of character, and tells a story first and foremost.

Does anyone else want to write a book? What sort?
    Lark: there is no reason why you could not write a book. Talent for writing can be acquired by studying and analyzing. Just start writing and don't throw it out for not being as good as your favorites. It takes time and practice.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

“I have for the longest time wrestled with these somewhat intrusive, conflicting dynamics when nit it comes to "Why is the world messed up? What can we do make it a better world. There is so much interplay. Otherwise Christ, Buddha with a reason would have discovered a way that actually works. So in effect i stayed up last night righting a mini-thesis on "How to Make This a Better World."

I of course had to be honest and reveal i am not perfect, that you have difficulties as i have some difficulty. Indeed everything on earth, life is not easy. There are olden time myths of a hero descending into hell to bring back secrets to the world of the living. Anyway, I spent my time in exhilaration. I had achieved flow and ideas were coalescing, it's such a deep subject that until all the variables are looked at one can nitpick.

I wanted honest assessments from my chosen most valuable trusted friendships if they care to give it. I am aware of life; I know we have different issues but together we are indomitable.” LightSun

Chapter I: How in developing such as new society. It shall need a paradigm shift of consciousness of all are spirits as well direction of thought. A new way at looking with clearer eyes are world that all of us live upon.

Chapter II: The acceptance in fact we are interrelated; all part of one ultimate conscious. That all need to share as well listen to each other’s thoughts such as having the open mind and not to denigrate each other views that we don't very truly much understand.

As part of this concept is a fact that we set off both a positive and as well negative energy pattern toward one another and so we need to learn stopping as much we can; with setting and giving off negative energy toward each and one another.

If i hurt you, i hurt thus myself also. Learn to understand that expending a negative thought pattern toward another hurts ourselves as well progress with the new order, and usher the new Renaissance.

Chapter III: Animals thus are interrelated with us. If we harm the environment we are corrupting ourselves; Plus and opportunity for a new way of life.

Chapter IV: To usher in this new future; education reform is of ultimate importance. In the new schooling; cognitive discipline (learning thinking with a less distorted transmission with thoughts) is and has ultimate importance.

In addition - we need address the emotional part in our brains-with learning Emotional Intelligence techniques.

Chapter V: The future may be bleak or a choice to make a wonderful future may be upon us as the choices we make and the new direction we can take.

Chapter VI: Parental training as well a license in having the luxury of having children. It’s the honor and should not so readily be given without intelligence as well an understanding: Cognitive skills:

An Emotional Intelligence in the school system being taught: Parental basic skill training taught; plus the understanding of childhood development.

Ultimately to learn understanding that parents are as guardians-but need the child to let a boy / girl grow in their own direction without corruption by unacceptable ignorance by parents of the child's development and the different growing states ; Or trying to shift the child's natural growths direction plus transmitting the parent's expectation versus the child's own natural growth state.

Chapter VII: Each person has their own unique direction plus special and ultimately of utmost need whole skills set which are different for each unique individual.

But these differences and diversity needs to be accepted, plus incorporated into a whole, versus fighting one another's view in the world and thus we end up fighting oneself and our soul's journey and understanding of a person's own gift for this world.

Chapter VIII: In the understanding of this whole concept plus vision which i possess: crime, mental illness, unhappy lives, substance abuse could all be controlled or limited from the now ignorant set of circumstances we live in current life circumstance. “LightSun

I have great joy in first being able to recommend the book. A second and more profound joy is the realization of us both reading, and understanding and appreciating the dynamics. A word does come to my mind, and that is, it is a profound understanding of human consciousness.

It envelops me. I must say a clearer understanding of the human species is now in my grasp. We are still in Plato’s cave of shadows but this is a bright illuminating filament into understanding a human consciousness and why we happen being so different.

We really happen being fragmented as a species. This book hopefully is a stepping stone in understanding our differences and bridging them so we work collectively rather than be so much at odds with each other.” LightSun

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Writing a book is something everyone should try, in my opinion.

I can't come up with a plot that flows though, I have a basic idea of what it will be about, and I just write down random scenes I think of. Someday I'll put it all together.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I think it's a neat idea, but it's just not my strength. I'm not creative, and any writing I did would would probably just be drawn from other novels I have read. It would just be too much copycatting of other ideas and plots.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Permabanned

Psychological thriller.

I have the whole idea figured out, I just need to sit down and write the thing..

Or rather, get someone to write the book for me. I wouldn't even need credit. Just a mention indicating I "helped" (gave you the idea), and a profit sharing agreement (if it ever got that far). Also, I tend to be rather strict with how I'd like my ideas presented...so I'd need someone patient enough to work with me. If I say something needs to be revised in a certain way, then barring any worthwhile discussion from your part, the thing gets revised.

Or maybe I'll just write the thing myself.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    I think it's a neat idea, but it's just not my strength. I'm not creative, and any writing I did would would probably just be drawn from other novels I have read. It would just be too much copycatting of other ideas and plots.
    Same here. I might be able to pull off non-fiction but I don't think I could write a well-written original novel.

I've contemplated writing a book but I just don't have enough discipline or focus. Plus I don't handle rejection well and most authors get many rejections unless they go the self-publishing route.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Insert witty line here... Ponyboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    Same here. I might be able to pull off non-fiction but I don't think I could write a well-written original novel.

I've contemplated writing a book but I just don't have enough discipline or focus. Plus I don't handle rejection well and most authors get many rejections unless they go the self-publishing route.
    Wouldn't non-fiction be harder? Cuz you have to prove facts and stuff, where as in fiction you just say "Nah, I made that up"?
    I'm never wrong, I'm just sometimes less right

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I have a couple of ideas for books and I'd love to try my hand at writing one someday, but anytime I try, I can't seem to get it past a short story. Which is fine, but the one idea I have is really too long and complex for a short story. I have trouble carrying the plot line through and wrapping it up if it gets longer. maybe someday...
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/