User Tag List

First 12

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I would like to write a book on politics, but one that isn't strictly academic.

Tried a couple of times.

Not as easy as it looks.

MBTI
    INFP

I've written four full-length fantasy/sci-fi novels. They all suck lol. XD

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    I can't come up with a plot that flows though, I have a basic idea of what it will be about, and I just write down random scenes I think of. Someday I'll put it all together.
    Have you tried writing short stories?

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Falcarius likes the idea of writing a dystopian novel. It would never work, since he never paid enough attention in English class, and besides his writing is too scatty it would give any would-be editor a nervous breakdown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

^I'd edit it for you, Friend. <3

Do it!
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I want to write a book but I dont think I've got the talent for it, I'd like to write either fantasy or inner space sci fi, I'd also like it to be a book which could be deconstructed but not too much, like Red Dragon which was a vehicle for presenting there sorts of character, and tells a story first and foremost.

Does anyone else want to write a book? What sort?
    I've writen two books in the past and I'm working on a third. The first couple have never been published, probably because they aren't good enough! I think this next one is getting there though and so does my mother. Quite possibly we are both biased.

To be honest with you, nobody has the talent for it when they write their first one, but you have to write it anyway so you get the practice you need to develop that talent! I remember proof reading the first chapter I wrote and thinking 'fuck, this is aweful'. It was too, but I managed to straighten it out into something respectable for an amatuer work.

Anyway,what I'm trying to say in an incoherant way is "Go for and don't worry too much if the first quarter million words you produce are crap."
    Don't make whine out of sour grapes.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I want to write a book about the U.S. and Russia, but make it a personal story. I'm not telling you anything else, because you're not stealing my idea.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyboy View Post
    Wouldn't non-fiction be harder? Cuz you have to prove facts and stuff, where as in fiction you just say "Nah, I made that up"?
    Non-fiction is harder, I agree. Especially if it's academic. I'd kill myself if I had to write an entire academic book. But an NT would probably be good that. Or an STJ. Maybe an INFJ.

I still have to do factual research about what I want to write about, but I've already written a ten page paper on the history of Russia and perestroika, and am constantly reading the Russian news and European cultural forums anyway, so I figure why the hell not.

Also, you can take huge liberties with historical fiction as long as its fairly accurate. I mean, good lord, look at that garbage Dan Brown turned into best sellers, I can do better than that, factually speaking, I'm sure.