Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    No they aren't.
    I'm not a fan.

Although I liked the remake of Strawdogs as a distinct movie, I dont think of it as related to the original movie though.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Hunger Games tried to play with big themes, but didn't exactly know how, and got its fingers burned.

That was the impression that the film gave anyway.
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Have not seen Hunger Games (U.S.) yet but loved Battle Royale(Japanese). I suspect that the Hunger Games will have 20somethings playing the role of the youth.

One of the things I hate about U.S. censors is that they will allow only a little if any depiction of violence on children (via the rating system). Why is that? Is the life of a brat worth so much more than that of an adult that artistic integrity must be compromised?
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

figsfiggyfigs

Battle royale.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Vizconde View Post
    Have not seen Hunger Games (U.S.) yet but loved Battle Royale(Japanese). I suspect that the Hunger Games will have 20somethings playing the role of the youth.

One of the things I hate about U.S. censors is that they will allow only a little if any depiction of violence on children (via the rating system). Why is that? Is the life of a brat worth so much more than that of an adult that artistic integrity must be compromised?
    And, of course, only a few F-bombs are allowed before a film gets an R-rating, because apparently, kids have never said or even heard the word before. Case in point. Not that I entirely agree with giving this movie a lower rating to reach its target audience; while the film was made to discourage bullying, I have a feeling that some kids will get the wrong message, just like those MTV shows about teenage parenting. (But seriously, would it have hurt the film that much to bleep out the F word?)

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Vizconde View Post

if this is how you feel, you will love The Hunger Games (personally, I can't remember the last movie that managed to make me so angry, but it was a great movie)
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    The Running Man and the original Death Race 2000.
    Battle Royale was much better than the Running Man....I still need to watch Death Race 2000.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    Battle Royale was much better than the Running Man....I still need to watch Death Race 2000.
    Hmm, not so sure, perhaps BR is better in its conclusion, Running Man does turn into the average popcorn actioner after they break out of the games arena but its a pretty superb future dystopia up to that point. I actually thought that it was the best dystopia since 1984 when I saw it and probably as plausible as Brave New World.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

See this Series 7: The Contenders. Despite the low production value it is pretty cool. Its on Netflix right now and has a prego playing T.A.G. (The Game of Death) as the lead role. She is good but my favorite with the ISFJ elderly nurse.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ENTP

lets make the hunger games and battle royale go to some island and fight each other to the death
    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I'm starting to see you and your avatar as a cloud of odor that eminates from trashy threads.