• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

NHL Playoffs coming!

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
The Pens/Flyers Game 3 is the most embarrassing thing I have ever witnessed. 148 PIMs, at least 16 people thrown out of the game... Roughing, Crosschecking, fighting...

I have never seen anything like that in my life. Look at all the penalties:

First Period Summary
Time Team Penalty Detail

2:39 Pittsburgh Deryk Engelland - 2 minutes for Roughing
2:39 Philadelphia Zac Rinaldo - 2 minutes for Roughing
5:14 Philadelphia Jakub Voracek - 2 minutes for Hi-sticking
6:44 Pittsburgh Matt Niskanen - 2 minutes for Cross checking
6:44 Pittsburgh Matt Niskanen - 2 minutes for Roughing
6:44 Philadelphia Claude Giroux - 2 minutes for Roughing
7:24 Pittsburgh Kris Letang - 2 minutes for Cross checking
12:02 Pittsburgh Steve Sullivan - 2 minutes for Roughing
12:02 Philadelphia Jakub Voracek - 2 minutes for Roughing
12:02 Pittsburgh Kris Letang - 5 minutes for Fighting (maj)
12:02 Pittsburgh Kris Letang - 10 minutes for Game misconduct
12:02 Philadelphia Kimmo Timonen - 2 minutes for Slashing
12:02 Philadelphia Kimmo Timonen - 5 minutes for Fighting (maj)
12:02 Philadelphia Kimmo Timonen - 10 minutes for Game misconduct
12:02 Philadelphia Claude Giroux - 5 minutes for Fighting (maj)
12:02 Pittsburgh Sidney Crosby - 5 minutes for Fighting (maj)
14:15 Pittsburgh Arron Asham - 10 minutes for Match penalty
14:15 Philadelphia Brayden Schenn - 2 minutes for Charging
Second period summary
Time Team Penalty Detail

0:35 Pittsburgh Jordan Staal - 2 minutes for Hooking
9:13 Philadelphia Nicklas Grossmann - 2 minutes for Kneeing
12:30 Pittsburgh Chris Kunitz - 2 minutes for Tripping
17:22 Pittsburgh Chris Kunitz - 2 minutes for Slashing
Third period summary
Time Team Penalty Detail

15:18 Pittsburgh James Neal - 2 minutes for Charging
15:18 Pittsburgh Chris Kunitz - 2 minutes for Roughing
15:18 Philadelphia Jakub Voracek - 2 minutes for Roughing
15:18 Pittsburgh Deryk Engelland - 10 minutes for Misconduct (10 min)
15:18 Philadelphia Wayne Simmonds - 2 minutes for Roughing
15:18 Philadelphia Wayne Simmonds - 10 minutes for Misconduct (10 min)
15:18 Philadelphia Scott Hartnell - 2 minutes for Roughing
15:18 Philadelphia Scott Hartnell - 5 minutes for Fighting (maj)
15:18 Pittsburgh Sidney Crosby - 2 minutes for Roughing
15:18 Pittsburgh Craig Adams - 2 minutes for Instigator
15:18 Pittsburgh Craig Adams - 5 minutes for Fighting (maj)
15:18 Pittsburgh Craig Adams - 10 minutes for Misconduct (10 min)
15:18 Pittsburgh James Neal - 10 minutes for Misconduct (10 min)
17:38 Philadelphia Zac Rinaldo - 2 minutes for Cross checking
17:38 Philadelphia Zac Rinaldo - 2 minutes for Unsportsmanlike conduct

*shakes head*

MBTI Type
INTJ
A lot of that nonsense at the end could have been avoided if they'd kicked James Neal out of the game as he so richly deserved. Leaving him on the ice only meant that he was going to be a target and the whole thing was going to escalate.

Also, only three people (Letang, Timonen, Asham) were kicked out of the game. The rest left either because their penalty time exceeded the time remaining in the game or the coaches elected to keep them off the ice to protect them.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
[MENTION=325]EffEmDoubleyou[/MENTION], how do you feel about the Kings? I know you're an LA resident (but a Flyers fan).

MBTI Type
INTJ
[MENTION=325]EffEmDoubleyou[/MENTION], how do you feel about the Kings? I know you're an LA resident (but a Flyers fan).

I like the Kings, I don't have the same disdain for them as I do for the Lakers or the Dodgers. But having grown up near Philadelphia, I could never adopt a new team to replace the Flyers. The problem is that I grew fond of the Canucks too when I lived in Vancouver for a bit, so I'm torn with this series. It's exciting the way the Kings have gone up 3-0 as an eighth seed, though.

MBTI Type
INTJ
hartnell.jpg

Ponyboy

Insert witty line here...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I like the Kings, I don't have the same disdain for them as I do for the Lakers or the Dodgers. But having grown up near Philadelphia, I could never adopt a new team to replace the Flyers. The problem is that I grew fond of the Canucks too when I lived in Vancouver for a bit, so I'm torn with this series. It's exciting the way the Kings have gone up 3-0 as an eighth seed, though.

In a sort of similar, but I guess in reverse, way I am rooting for Nashville and Florida in their respective series(but not overall!). Barry Trotz & Kevin Dineen have both been head coaches for the AHL team in my town. I got to meet both briefly and they were super cool so I hope they do well. Just not as good as the Bruins! :D

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
In a sort of similar, but I guess in reverse, way I am rooting for Nashville and Florida in their respective series(but not overall!). Barry Trotz & Kevin Dineen have both been head coaches for the AHL team in my town. I got to meet both briefly and they were super cool so I hope they do well. Just not as good as the Bruins! :D

I'm down with the Predators. If it isn't the Sharks, I hope it's the Preds.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Man, you gotta admit... The Pens/Flyers series was some pretty fucking entertaining hockey. I'm sad my Pens lost, of course... but damn. I don't feel like the Flyers or the Pens would make it past the 2nd round, though, with the goalies sucking it up as much as they did.

Not sure who to root for now.

Anyone but the Bruins or Flyers.

E

Epiphany

Man, you gotta admit... The Pens/Flyers series was some pretty fucking entertaining hockey. I'm sad my Pens lost, of course... but damn. I don't feel like the Flyers or the Pens would make it past the 2nd round, though, with the goalies sucking it up as much as they did.

Not sure who to root for now.

Anyone but the Bruins or Flyers.

That series was insane. Never thought I would see a team score 10 goals in a single playoff game.

Smith was a brick wall last night for Phoenix. He's the only reason they took the series. Chicago needs new goaltending if they ever hope to win the Stanley Cup again. Crawford isn't cutting it.

Now that the Hawks and Pens are out, I'm rooting for Nashville.

Nearly everyone's team, who posted in this thread, has washed out in the first round. This forum is cursed!

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Nearly everyone's team, who posted in this thread, has washed out in the first round. This forum is cursed!

Hah, well EffEm is still in... But given that he and I were pitted against one another, one of us had to make it.

Bryzgalov best step it up.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Bryzgalov best step it up.

For serious. I'm not fooled by his 30 shots/1 goal performance in Game 6. He didn't face a lot of quality shots because the Flyers' defensemen blocked a ridiculous number of shots. From now on, with the possible exceptions of the Capitals and Senators (only because Anderson and Holtby have no track record - their current play is outstanding), every team the Flyers face will have a significant advantage in goal. Goaltending is disproportionately important in the playoffs, so I'm not especially optimistic. They do have the top offense remaining in the playoffs, but I don't think you can make a living winning games 6-5 with the possible likes of Lundqvist, Thomas, Rinne or Quick in your future.

As for the other series, I'm really happy that Nashville destroyed Detroit. I'm so sick of the damn Red Wings, and Nashville has really supported that team well over the years as they've flirted with being really good but not quite gotten it done. If the Flyers were to lose, I'd throw my support behind them. Plus, I am a goalie fanboy, and Pekka Rinne is ridonkulous. He has the best glove I've seen in a looooooong time. I'm also happy to see Phoenix beat Chicago, because the Coyotes are a plucky underdog and the Blackhawks can never lose enough for my taste. I like it when new blood makes a splash. I'm really looking forward to the Blues/Kings series. A seven game series with a few 1-0 overtime games would make me a happy boy!

E

Epiphany

Michael Jordan during the 1st period of last night's game:

michael-jordan-blackhawks.jpg

Michael Jordan during the 3rd period of last night's game:

play_g_mjts_576.jpg

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That series was insane. Never thought I would see a team score 10 goals in a single playoff game.

Smith was a brick wall last night for Phoenix. He's the only reason they took the series. Chicago needs new goaltending if they ever hope to win the Stanley Cup again. Crawford isn't cutting it.

Now that the Hawks and Pens are out, I'm rooting for Nashville.

Smith's goaltending deserved its applause - that was incredible. I am in agreement about Crawford, sadly. Hopefully Chicago will figure itself out; in the meantime, I wish a speedy recovery for Marian Hossa.

I think I may also be pulling for the Preds now. A round of drinks for [MENTION=9807]Moniker[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1330]swordpath[/MENTION], yes? :cheers:

Ponyboy

Insert witty line here...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Bruins are hanging on by a thread so I am abstaining from a second choice for now. I like their chances tonight though (hope I didn't just jinx it!) :D