User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Man, you gotta admit... The Pens/Flyers series was some pretty fucking entertaining hockey. I'm sad my Pens lost, of course... but damn. I don't feel like the Flyers or the Pens would make it past the 2nd round, though, with the goalies sucking it up as much as they did.

Not sure who to root for now.

Anyone but the Bruins or Flyers.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Epiphany

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Man, you gotta admit... The Pens/Flyers series was some pretty fucking entertaining hockey. I'm sad my Pens lost, of course... but damn. I don't feel like the Flyers or the Pens would make it past the 2nd round, though, with the goalies sucking it up as much as they did.

Not sure who to root for now.

Anyone but the Bruins or Flyers.
    That series was insane. Never thought I would see a team score 10 goals in a single playoff game.

Smith was a brick wall last night for Phoenix. He's the only reason they took the series. Chicago needs new goaltending if they ever hope to win the Stanley Cup again. Crawford isn't cutting it.

Now that the Hawks and Pens are out, I'm rooting for Nashville.

Nearly everyone's team, who posted in this thread, has washed out in the first round. This forum is cursed!

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Moniker View Post

Nearly everyone's team, who posted in this thread, has washed out in the first round. This forum is cursed!
    Hah, well EffEm is still in... But given that he and I were pitted against one another, one of us had to make it.

Bryzgalov best step it up.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    ISTx

I'm with ya on Nashville

Preds in 6, maybe 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Bryzgalov best step it up.
    For serious. I'm not fooled by his 30 shots/1 goal performance in Game 6. He didn't face a lot of quality shots because the Flyers' defensemen blocked a ridiculous number of shots. From now on, with the possible exceptions of the Capitals and Senators (only because Anderson and Holtby have no track record - their current play is outstanding), every team the Flyers face will have a significant advantage in goal. Goaltending is disproportionately important in the playoffs, so I'm not especially optimistic. They do have the top offense remaining in the playoffs, but I don't think you can make a living winning games 6-5 with the possible likes of Lundqvist, Thomas, Rinne or Quick in your future.

As for the other series, I'm really happy that Nashville destroyed Detroit. I'm so sick of the damn Red Wings, and Nashville has really supported that team well over the years as they've flirted with being really good but not quite gotten it done. If the Flyers were to lose, I'd throw my support behind them. Plus, I am a goalie fanboy, and Pekka Rinne is ridonkulous. He has the best glove I've seen in a looooooong time. I'm also happy to see Phoenix beat Chicago, because the Coyotes are a plucky underdog and the Blackhawks can never lose enough for my taste. I like it when new blood makes a splash. I'm really looking forward to the Blues/Kings series. A seven game series with a few 1-0 overtime games would make me a happy boy!
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Epiphany

Michael Jordan during the 1st period of last night's game:

Michael Jordan during the 3rd period of last night's game:

Step into my office. Luv Deluxe's Avatar
    MBTI
    NiSe
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

That series was insane. Never thought I would see a team score 10 goals in a single playoff game.

Smith was a brick wall last night for Phoenix. He's the only reason they took the series. Chicago needs new goaltending if they ever hope to win the Stanley Cup again. Crawford isn't cutting it.

Smith's goaltending deserved its applause - that was incredible. I am in agreement about Crawford, sadly. Hopefully Chicago will figure itself out; in the meantime, I wish a speedy recovery for Marian Hossa.

I think I may also be pulling for the Preds now. A round of drinks for @Moniker and @swordpath, yes?
    AMERICAN TRASH
    Ni > Se > Fe > Ti
    7w6 cp
    so SX it hurts
    Sanguine/Choleric
    Chaotic Good

~ Gryffindor on the streets, Slytherin in the sheets ~

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram

Well, I'm a Preds fan now, this may or may not be permanent.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!

"I don't wear a toupee!" Donald Trump

MBTI
    ISTx

Haha. What's up with all the Preds love around here? I like it.

This was a neat little article written by a staff writer for Grantland (sports blog) who shared her experience in Nashville, attending game 5.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...playoff-hockey

Insert witty line here... Ponyboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Bruins are hanging on by a thread so I am abstaining from a second choice for now. I like their chances tonight though (hope I didn't just jinx it!)
    I'm never wrong, I'm just sometimes less right