User Tag List

First 71516171819 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

And of course the Coyotes score goal number 2 on a play that should have been whistled for a blatant tripping penalty.

MBTI
    ISTx

Preds are out

LA/Phoenix for the western conference final.

Epiphany

Nashville sleeps with the fishes.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    Preds are out

LA/Phoenix for the western conference final.
    Surprising, and perhaps well deserved on the part of the Kings, but nonetheless still kinda lame.

On the other hand, Eastern Conference isn't going to be much better... Rangers/New Jersey is all but written in stone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ego Reparate; Ob Me Non Deficiat.
    INTJ - RCOEI - sx/sp/so - Tritype: 683 (6w5-8w9-3w4) - True Neutral
    "Yeah, wisdom always chooses/These black eyes and these bruises"
    "Over the heartache that they say/Never completely goes away..."

I wonder if the announcement about the pending sale added some energy to the building tonight and helped the Coyotes. Even if it did, Nashville had no business winning this series, as much as I wanted them to. Phoenix just punked them. Get ready for seven 1-0 games!
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Step into my office. Luv Deluxe's Avatar
    MBTI
    NiSe
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

And of course the Coyotes score goal number 2 on a play that should have been whistled for a blatant tripping penalty.
    Hey, it's Phoenix. They're special. So special, in fact, that they're allowed an assassination attempt on Marian Hossa without so much as two minutes in the box. (Yes, Torres is now serving a massive suspension, but there should have been in-game ramifications and I'm still bitter.)

Now the Preds are gone, too.

I'll risk the apparent curse on this thread by announcing my allegiance to LA. Someone needs to put the dogs to sleep.
    AMERICAN TRASH
    Ni > Se > Fe > Ti
    7w6 cp
    so SX it hurts
    Sanguine/Choleric
    Chaotic Good

~ Gryffindor on the streets, Slytherin in the sheets ~

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by AntiheroComplex View Post
    I'll risk the apparent curse on this thread by announcing my allegiance to LA. Someone needs to put the dogs to sleep.
    I'm pulling for LA too. Feels weird saying that being an SJ fan... I'll hate them again next season.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Perhaps puckheads can explain something to me:

Why don't teams pull their goalies earlier when they are down 2 or more goals? Right now the Caps are beating the Rangers 2-0 with about 4 minutes to go. Why don't the Rangers pull their goalie? Obviously nothing has worked all game, they need two goals just to force OT.

One goal down, I get not adding an extra man, but I'd think teams would want to be more aggressive and desperate losing by that much.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Perhaps puckheads can explain something to me:

Why don't teams pull their goalies earlier when they are down 2 or more goals? Right now the Caps are beating the Rangers 2-0 with about 4 minutes to go. Why don't the Rangers pull their goalie? Obviously nothing has worked all game, they need two goals just to force OT.

One goal down, I get not adding an extra man, but I'd think teams would want to be more aggressive and desperate losing by that much.
    Having an extra man on the ice (by pulling the goalie) isn't a surefire way to score goals when you're down. A lot of times it accomplishes nothing, and having more men covering the ice can sometimes be counter-productive. On the contrary, losing a goalie makes your opponent's chance of scoring that much more likely if a puck makes its way toward the net (even if it is a little tougher with an extra moving defensive man out on the ice). Pride is a big part of hockey. Widening the losing deficit is a shot to the ego.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Having an extra man on the ice (by pulling the goalie) isn't a surefire way to score goals when you're down. A lot of times it accomplishes nothing, and having more men covering the ice can sometimes be counter-productive. On the contrary, losing a goalie makes your opponent's chance of scoring that much more likely if a puck makes its way toward the net (even if it is a little tougher with an extra moving defensive man out on the ice). Pride is a big part of hockey. Widening the losing deficit is a shot to the ego.
    I know it's not a surefire way, but when you're down 2 goals, what does it matter if you lose by 3 goals?

I think most sport teams (football is really bad at this) play not to lose rather than to win. Which only works when you have the lead...