• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ender's Game (2013)

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They're making a movie of it coming out in 2013. Next to Hunger Games (yes, I have watched it,) Ender's Game is an even bigger title for me. Not only is it my favorite book that I've read in high school, but also one of the few that I actually liked. And I am truly curious in how they are going to go about the film!

IMDB - Ender's Game

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They're making a movie of it coming out in 2013. Next to Hunger Games (yes, I have watched it,) Ender's Game is an even bigger title for me. Not only is it my favorite book that I've read in high school, but also one of the few that I actually liked. And I am truly curious in how they are going to go about the film!

IMDB - Ender's Game

Ender's Game was fun and the ending caught me off-guard. But why did you like only a few books?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If Wolfgang Petersen was still attached to direct, I would've been really looking forward to it. But alas, the director of Wolverine has taken his place, so it's destined to be garbage.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ender's Game was fun and the ending caught me off-guard. But why did you like only a few books?

Well, I've liked more than a few books, but the books that really (and I mean really) caught my middle/high school attention were few. Which, besides the Harry Potter series, Bean Trees and Ender's Game were books that I couldn't stop reading.

If Wolfgang Petersen was still attached to direct, I would've been really looking forward to it. But alas, the director of Wolverine has taken his place, so it's destined to be garbage.

I'm hoping that they don't turn it into garbage - I've waited so long for this (and not for the director to turn it into garbage.) I have heard they are using older people (bad) for the movie but the casts are well-known.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm hoping that they don't turn it into garbage - I've waited so long for this (and not for the director to turn it into garbage.) I have heard they are using older people (bad) for the movie but the casts are well-known.

Well the kid from Hugo is playing Ender, which isn't too bad of a casting choice.

And Ben Kingsley is in it, too. I just hope his reputation isn't used just to make the movie seem good, like with Prince of Persia.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, I've liked more than a few books, but the books that really (and I mean really) caught my middle/high school attention were few. Which, besides the Harry Potter series, Bean Trees and Ender's Game were books that I couldn't stop reading.

Even then, there were many books that I couldn't stop reading. But Game only required one. It was very good, but I wouldn't call it great.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Even then, there were many books that I couldn't stop reading. But Game only required one. It was very good, but I wouldn't call it great.

Yeah, not many books caught my attention that time though, as sad as that sounds.

But, after those initial books, I've found a particular liking to other similar books/genres. It's why I like them so much.

KDude

I think I have a copy, but I never get around to all of the "classic" fantasy/sci-fi books on my list before movies come out. And I love movies. This keeps happening.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I can't wait for the movie to come out. It will be interesting to see how they make the book into a movie. Usually the movie isn't quite as good as the book and this will probably be no exception but that won't stop me from seeing it. I'm always curious how to see how the movie relates to the corresponding book.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I've had my eye on their attempts to get this together for years. I guess the whole Hunger Games thing lit a fire under their asses. It could be a great movie, or not. There will be a lot of young actors involved.

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
They're seriously making an Ender's game movie? Wow, that's going to be awesome. I wonder if they're going to make more of the Ender's saga into movies too? :thinking: I'd like to see Speaker For The Dead made into a movie as well. :)

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They're seriously making an Ender's game movie? Wow, that's going to be awesome. I wonder if they're going to make more of the Ender's saga into movies too? :thinking: I'd like to see Speaker For The Dead made into a movie as well. :)

If they were to make a movie out of Bean's point of view/Shadow Series, I'd freak (in a bad way.) I wanted to punch Bean (if I was able to) more than I could count. It was a glutton for punishment reading his PoV.:laugh:

I mean, he was okay, but god...... once I started reading his perspective I had that urge to.... Let's us say he is one of those fictional characters you wanted to hurt very badly.

Sad thing, without him, there "wouldn't" be an Ender's Game.

Let's hope Ender's Game is a huge success coming 2013, and they might just make the whole Series(and even the Shadow ones) into movies.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The aliens are insects; they are far below our level, so why even bother stepping on them? It's child's play - literally! The kid looks like a mini-Spock from Star Trek.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I can't wait! I hope it's good!

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I notice that Orson Scott Card is one of the film's producers, hopefully he was able to maintain some kind of control over the project and make it as good as the source material.

And I hope the vfx become more polished as the movie nears its release date; a lot of the shots looked like shit. The music video for Dire Straits' "Money for Nothing" looked more convincing.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm pretty stoked about it. It seems all of my favorite books over the past few years have been turning to movies/tv series. I feel so lucky! :D

Now I'm just waiting for Mistborn.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I'm pretty stoked about it. It seems all of my favorite books over the past few years have been turning to movies/tv series. I feel so lucky! :D

Now I'm just waiting for Mistborn.
That could be really good.