User Tag List

123 Last

Default Ender's Game (2013)

They're making a movie of it coming out in 2013. Next to Hunger Games (yes, I have watched it,) Ender's Game is an even bigger title for me. Not only is it my favorite book that I've read in high school, but also one of the few that I actually liked. And I am truly curious in how they are going to go about the film!

IMDB - Ender's Game

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    They're making a movie of it coming out in 2013. Next to Hunger Games (yes, I have watched it,) Ender's Game is an even bigger title for me. Not only is it my favorite book that I've read in high school, but also one of the few that I actually liked. And I am truly curious in how they are going to go about the film!

IMDB - Ender's Game
    Ender's Game was fun and the ending caught me off-guard. But why did you like only a few books?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

If Wolfgang Petersen was still attached to direct, I would've been really looking forward to it. But alas, the director of Wolverine has taken his place, so it's destined to be garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Ender's Game was fun and the ending caught me off-guard. But why did you like only a few books?
    Well, I've liked more than a few books, but the books that really (and I mean really) caught my middle/high school attention were few. Which, besides the Harry Potter series, Bean Trees and Ender's Game were books that I couldn't stop reading.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    If Wolfgang Petersen was still attached to direct, I would've been really looking forward to it. But alas, the director of Wolverine has taken his place, so it's destined to be garbage.
    I'm hoping that they don't turn it into garbage - I've waited so long for this (and not for the director to turn it into garbage.) I have heard they are using older people (bad) for the movie but the casts are well-known.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I'm hoping that they don't turn it into garbage - I've waited so long for this (and not for the director to turn it into garbage.) I have heard they are using older people (bad) for the movie but the casts are well-known.
    Well the kid from Hugo is playing Ender, which isn't too bad of a casting choice.

And Ben Kingsley is in it, too. I just hope his reputation isn't used just to make the movie seem good, like with Prince of Persia.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Well, I've liked more than a few books, but the books that really (and I mean really) caught my middle/high school attention were few. Which, besides the Harry Potter series, Bean Trees and Ender's Game were books that I couldn't stop reading.
    Even then, there were many books that I couldn't stop reading. But Game only required one. It was very good, but I wouldn't call it great.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Even then, there were many books that I couldn't stop reading. But Game only required one. It was very good, but I wouldn't call it great.
    Yeah, not many books caught my attention that time though, as sad as that sounds.

But, after those initial books, I've found a particular liking to other similar books/genres. It's why I like them so much.

I think I have a copy, but I never get around to all of the "classic" fantasy/sci-fi books on my list before movies come out. And I love movies. This keeps happening.

Ginkgo

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I can't wait for the movie to come out. It will be interesting to see how they make the book into a movie. Usually the movie isn't quite as good as the book and this will probably be no exception but that won't stop me from seeing it. I'm always curious how to see how the movie relates to the corresponding book.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne